• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck at 450' Pls to send help

Discahol1c

Just wrote out an entire post about everything i've changed since posting here and then the tab crashed so here is the simplified version. I've been watching the power of posture video and what i took out of it was that you should keep your weight in between your shoulders and your stance shoulder width apart. What i dont understand is when you watch the top pros drive they're stances when they throw are all almost 2 times shoulder width, but since keeping my weight between my shoulders i haven't added any distance but i've added consistency.

Video: http://gfycat.com/HollowPleasingCockroach

Disc thrown in the video was a max weight Champ Roc3 that went 358'.

Just wrote out an entire post about everything i've changed since posting here and then the tab crashed so here is the simplified version. I've been watching the power of posture video and what i took out of it was that you should keep your weight in between your shoulders and your stance shoulder width apart. What i dont understand is when you watch the top pros drive they're stances when they throw are all almost 2 times shoulder width, but since keeping my weight between my shoulders i haven't added any distance but i've added consistency.

Video: http://gfycat.com/HollowPleasingCockroach

Disc thrown in the video was a max weight Champ Roc3 that went 358'.
In Power of Posture I'm basically talking about from a standstill, slightly wider than shoulders. It should be the same upright balanced feeling during the throw whether a standstill or run up, just widening the stride to maintain the same dynamic balance in the finish. Distance will come over time after efficiency is improved. How far you throwing from a standstill?

You are throwing straight uphill in your craptastic video/gif making it hard to analyze. You must be tall and lanky and quite athletic to be throwing as far as you do with an over the top move like that. Looks like you are really swinging from a high reachback to down low and planting a little open/shifting weight from the front(instead of from behind you). Your rear foot looks to be spinning out, it should be finishing more to the right side of your front leg(behind it), so it squishes your weight more forward and upright a la Will Schusterick, instead of tipping you over as your rear leg comes around the opposite direction.

Headed out to the field to work on the things you posted, i'll be back with a standstill form, also i am taking my tripod and good camera with me is there a specific angle you would prefer than the on in the video?

And as for the reachback issure should i start it lower and pull it through the same plane, or should i keep it where it is height wise and finish and pull through higher.

Headed out to the field to work on the things you posted, i'll be back with a standstill form, also i am taking my tripod and good camera with me is there a specific angle you would prefer than the on in the video?
Upright video helps.

And as for the reachback issure should i start it lower and pull it through the same plane, or should i keep it where it is height wise and finish and pull through higher.
It's more of a balance and turn issue because your spine is angled targetward at reachback, your arm will be angled up if it's straight out.

https://youtu.be/nfddEFH8yps
https://youtu.be/HPN65lRIc9g

I do definitely notice that high reachback when watching from a much better angle, i do notice that in my standstill the reachback is much lower and follows a level plane the entire way, would that still need to be lowered and more through the core? This was also before i could get to work on what you had posted as i only had 10 minutes to get out there and record before another commitment.

The standstill throw went about 360' with a max weight Star Tern, and the run up throws averaged around 400' longest was 425' with a C-Line FD, although that was on a pure distance line, the others were more of golf lines.

It's going to feel way different to correct these issues. Part of your issue is likely your grip/disc alignment. The other major issue is sequencing your weight shift ahead of your arm swing.

Frame 1 - Notice you are already pulling the disc by bending your elbow and your front heel is still airborne. Will is in full reachback with his front heel on the ground so his weight has shifted. Also note how his front foot is angled vs yours. Will is catching himself in a more dynamic position from behind.

Frame 2 - Notice your spine is lined up with your rear leg straight and your front heel is still airborne, so you are swinging well ahead of your weight. You can't rotate centered on the front leg from this position. Will's rear knee is bent under the hip driving his weight forward. Also note the tilt of the head, your ear is tilted over to your front foot, Will's chin(spine) is supported/balanced by his front foot so his ear is level.

Frame 3 - You are more over the top and your arm swing is way out ahead of your center/mass and your front heel has finally planted. Your rear hip is still inline with your spine and rear knee back. Will's chin is still braced inside his front hip, knee and ankle like a skier in a turn on the inside edge of the downhill ski and has shifted so much weight/momentum already through his heel his front foot begins to pivot.

Frame 4 - More of the same. Your front knee has collapsed out of posture ahead of the ankle and your hit is way out ahead of your mass/body and front foot. Will is still braced behind his front foot and knee has stiffened up to help pivot the pelvis.

Gonna hit the field work hard tomorrow, haven't had the time to work much on anything here is an updated video mostly trying to keep the triangle centered without leaning forward. This is an incredibly different feel than my old throw it is becoming very hard to progress outside of the standstill, the second i try to transfer the new form to a run up it gets reverted. Hoping that will fix itself as the standstill becomes smoother however.

Video: http://gfycat.com/HardFarawayBrontosaurus

Yep, it should feel even more different. You aren't shifting your weight, as your feet spin out. In your backswing your rear foot rolls over so your inside arch is off the ground. You need to keep your arch on the ground and stay loaded against the inside edge.

When you start your swing you haven't moved forward, your rear heel spins out away from the target instead of moving and your weight forward to the target. Watch how far much Will moves his rear foot forward and behind his front leg and also his arch stays on the ground in the backswing. Also watch how far forward he plants his front heel(crush the can).

Latest posts