• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stuck between 320'-340' on golf lines. I would like to add another 40'-50'.

Been working with slower molds (Leopard, Sidewinder, beat Beast), trying to concentrate on slowing it down going up the tee-pad and building to the release. Also making a conscious effort to keep my reach-back and follow through on plane. In addition I'm trying to stay behind the disc a bit more, bracing the front side, "skateboard" pushing with the back leg and posing the follow through instead of whipping myself off the end of the pad.

Definitely feels like I'm using different muscles. All things considered, it's felt way slow and lazy, but I'm in my average neighborhood distance wise that I was with the faster stuff, and aside from a few bad grip-locks, I've felt much more in control at release. More forward fade and less crash.

It's helped with my mids too. The release just feels so much more clean and easy with thoughts of staying balanced in my head.

Thanks again for the advice. Now for the inevitable "but it was working yesterday" phase.

the reason distance is over-rated is that while helpful in golf, it isn't really necessary to long term enjoyment of the game or playing the game well and consistently. if one steadfastly practices technique, you smooth out errors and create a better feedback system for yourself more quickly. Plus, more distance will come naturally in time. as a power player myself i know this to be true, as my ability to reach holes will often get me into trouble AND control players with solid putting frequently beat me. the game of golf is very often about taking what the course and conditions that day will give you, in a word, humility.