• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stupid Buzzz!!!

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
So I've owned a bunch of Rocs, a Wasp, and various other mid range discs over the years, but for some reason I never got a Buzzz. I saw someone on ebay auctioning off 5 discs, including an ESP Buzzz which has only been throw 10 times, so I bid on the auction and win it for $20. Sweet! There are a couple of other discs in the bundle I wanted to try, but the Buzzz was the main one. I get my discs the day before yesterday, finally get to the course last night to try out my new discs.
The course was pretty empty, so I was happy that I'd have time to take some practice shots and try my new discs.
1st hole, I drive and hit a tree, I'm way short of the hole...I pull out my Buzzz and throw a pretty decent shot leaving me 15 feet from the basket. I toss my new Roc and hit chains... hmmmmmm
2nd hole is a big (pretty) wide open field. I tee off and then decide I'm going to take a couple of tee shots with my new mids to see what they can do.
I throw my Roc, a little bit too much hyzer, but it's ok. I throw the Buzzz and overcompensate with a little annie....
If you've ever played Red Rocks, you are familiar with the little ampitheatre to the right of the 2nd fairway, upon the top of which, my new Buzzz now resides. OK, I know it's really stupid me but.....STUPID BUZZZ!!!!!!

I have hit the side of that theater, never on top. I wonder if campus secuirty with get it for you.

I have hit the side of that theater, never on top. I wonder if campus secuirty with get it for you.

Yeah I actually ran into a guy I know who helped get the course set up and is working on getting it expanded to 18 holes. I guess the maintenance guy 'fishes' for discs every couple of weeks and my buddy is going to mention it to him and try to get my Buzzz back.

Are you playing anywhere this weekend? I'm thinking of trying to come check out your course in Brighton or maybe up to Confier with some folks...and of course I'll probably have at least one early round at Red Rocks.

Playing in the Bloom doubles at Conifer on Saturday. Is the person your ran in to PJ perhaps? Maybe playing Brighton on Sunday.

Stupid Buzzz thrower! ;)

Had to do it, my roommate back in the late 90s would play Tomb Raider on PS1 and call poor Lara Croft all sorts of mean obscenities. I finally got fed up and said "Dude, you're the stupid bitch with the controller, don't blame her!"

Stupid Buzzz thrower! ;)

Had to do it, my roommate back in the late 90s would play Tomb Raider on PS1 and call poor Lara Croft all sorts of mean obscenities. I finally got fed up and said "Dude, you're the stupid bitch with the controller, don't blame her!"

HAHA! That's exactly right!!!! Oh man, some of the names my buddies and I have called players on Madden throughout the years:)

Honestly it sucked....I'm glad I have a friend I think can get it for me, otherwise I'd be shopping for a Buzzz right now...

Yeah that would suck and I am always really conscious about shots that could end up somewhere I cannot get it back...which usually almost gauarantees it will go there.

i had a brand new avenger flx ss, messin around throwin it like 275 off a hill into my backyard field, knowing this disc falls to the right, ive thrown it like 5 times in the back already, smash off the neighbors house, never found that boy. a week later i lose my reg avenger flx :( :(

i had a brand new avenger flx ss, messin around throwin it like 275 off a hill into my backyard field, knowing this disc falls to the right, ive thrown it like 5 times in the back already, smash off the neighbors house, never found that boy. a week later i lose my reg avenger flx :( :(

I hate losing discs so much! The only thing that makes it OK is the fact that I have so many and I keep buying more...I only wish I could make my GF understand that:)

I hate losing discs so much! The only thing that makes it OK is the fact that I have so many and I keep buying more...I only wish I could make my GF understand that:)

If you figure out how to make the women in our lives understand... Sell that secret. Don't give it out for free. As our last governor once said 'That is golden, you just don't give it away'. Then think of all the discs you could buy with the money you make.

Latest posts