• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Sublime Bobcat vs Eclipse Reactor

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
Can anyone compare these two discs?

I'm looking for something to slot between my Neutron Hex & Star Caiman. Currently using the Eclipse Reactor. It's a lot closer to my Hex than my Caiman and doesn't really fade much. Nice HSS, though.

How deep is the Bobcat? I prefer shallow discs.

The eclipse reactor is a pretty straight disc with a little turn out to 300 and starts to have nice turn at over 330. IMO they aren't too different from a hex. Reactor more -1/2 and hex -1/1. The Bobcat is more like a shorter PD backhand like a true 0/2 or 0/3 - at least my Tacocat is.

The Reactor (eclipse too) and Hex are more in the stable mid role - buzzz/truth/emac/mustang/MD3. The Bobcat is more in the true straight to overstable mid role (my favorite mids) - verdict/quake/pyro/md5. It has a very similar feel to a Zone but faster and not quite as overstable or torque resistant. My crappy torque forehand can always work with a Zone but can flip over the Bobcat. Backhand though it is perfectly reliable to go straight and finish.

YMMV - I have only thrown the Tacocat.

I have not thrown a Caiman in a while but if its in the Justice/Mutant category, then a Bobcat or one of the others I mentioned would fit well between it and a Hex. I think of all those discs as Teebirds or PDs in that they can be thrown hard and will go very straight with a reliable finish. A disc like the reactor or those other more neutral mids would not be reliable in a headwind and are always a risk to really drift right if you really hit them.

The Bobcat is more like a shorter PD backhand like a true 0/2 or 0/3 - at least my Tacocat is.

The Reactor (eclipse too) and Hex are more in the stable mid role - buzzz/truth/emac/mustang/MD3. The Bobcat is more in the true straight to overstable mid role (my favorite mids) - verdict/quake/pyro/md5.

I have not thrown a Caiman in a while but if its in the Justice/Mutant category, then a Bobcat or one of the others I mentioned would fit well between it and a Hex.

I've thrown a Lucid Justice and bagged a Lucid Verdict (and Emac) for a while. My Star Caiman isn't as beefy as that Justice, but is noticeably more HSS than my Verdict (and Emac).

I've thrown a few different Prism Pyros. They're pretty similar to my Star Caiman, stability-wise. If the Bobcat is that close to the Pyro, it's probably going to be too similar to my Caiman. (The Caiman is one of my best-feeling discs, so I'm not looking to change it.)

Unless the Sublime Bobcat is a bit less stable than the Tacocat... The shape of the Bobcat does look like something I'd like.

If you're not committed to those two molds you may want to look at the DGA Quake. If you can find a flat top one they're pretty shallow and would slot nicely between a Hex and Caiman

Hm, based on the descriptions of the Eclipse Reactor on this thread, it seems like there's some serious variability in the Eclipse Reactor depending on the run. When the Eclipse Reactor first came out, the early runs were know to be dependably overstable. Not super beefy, but more along the lines of a fresh 5 speed Teebird. A reliable 5/5/0/2.

Other straight to strong fade midranges I've used and quite like, and ones I've found that are pretty comparable to those early Eclipse Reactors, are a Lucid-X Verdict and DGA Quake in their ESP like plastic.

Latest posts