• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sugaree 2020

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
We are planning a gala event this summer as a tribute to Laurel Springs-Boylan Family Farms, in which Sugaree will be played in the normal layout for singles on saturday, before being transformed into an 18 hole 9,000 foot par 70 beast on Sunday. Go our FB page if you want to learn more. If you have been waiting for the perfect time to return to Sugar Mountain, this is it.

Last edited:
Forever in the minds of those inclined.... Love you brother o mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the idea of the retro round (only discs of a certain era). It's something I've been kicking around doing at my own place.

Actually, we have shoe horned in June 12 through 14 as a Max Flex tourney. It will be The Showdown at Sugaree. We are pulling out all the stops for this one, as you never know if it will be the last. Hope you can make it.

It's primarily 4 folks that live near us. But I'll make an exception for you, Fishman

Ironically, despite the virus and being listed here as extinct, we have been open continuously for the past year. Go figure...

Yet everytime I've been able to get down there, it just hasn't worked out. :(.
I'd shoot for Labor Day weekend, but...

The way this pandemic is progressed, I simply don't feel comfortable sleeping away from home. The Covid situation has too many variables. Too many things beyond my control, so far from home. If it was feasible as a day trip, I'd have been all over it by now... but it's a good 10 hrs each way.

Maybe I'm a bit on the paranoid side, but I really couldn't enjoy a road trip in the current environment.

Last edited:
I understand completely. Just not a good time to travel. You are lucky to have so many great options in state.

I understand completely. Just not a good time to travel. You are lucky to have so many great options in state.

I do feel fortunate for that. Even played got my @$$ handed to me by Toboggan a few times.

McBeth shot 18 down.
I'm happy if I don't get 18 over. :p

If it was feasible as a day trip, I'd have been all over it by now... but it's a good 10 hrs each way.
I get it. Sugaree is definitely not worth a 20 hour round trip. I'm not sure any course is...

the purest course baggers would drive 20hrs to play it.

I get it. Sugaree is definitely not worth a 20 hour round trip. I'm not sure any course is...