• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Suggestions: My game.

Prototype

Eagle Member
I took some time last year to cut out my run up, warp speed drivers, and went to throwing from a stand still. I am now maxing out my teebirds around 325-350. Is it time for a speed 10-12? I have been toying with a Viking, but only get 30 more feet. I'm not sure what the next step is. Any of my disc down brethren want to sound off?

Thanks!

If you are throwing 325-350 without a run up, I would go to a 3 step WALK up! I used to RUN up the box as well, and found that was leading to huge deficiencies in my accuracy. I now tell myself to go slow, smooth and deliberate on every teeshot.

I would go try a Discmania PD and an innova Beast. The PD is a speed 10 that's in my book, just a longer faster teebird. And the beast is a good under stable driver that has lots of different uses, like the Hyser Flip, anny, BH Roller...etc.

Some of those really wide rimmed discs could do harm to your game. Learn to throw fairway drivers, and maybe a Destroyer, and you will be just fine.

I second the PD....It's a nice natural progression from the teebird.

What plastic in the PD? I've has s lines to be pretty stable. Never thrown a p line. What is the best weight in a destroyer?

325-350 w/o a run up is really good, I would work on adding a run up and other discs wouldn't hurt at this point either.

I have been toying with a Viking, but only get 30 more feet.
That sounds normal to more extra distance than I'd expect, depending on what Teebird you're throwing. Speed 10-12 probably won't get you a whole lot, if any, more than the Viking on golf lines, but will be longer on lower lines, on long hyzers and into headwinds than the Teebird.

I'll agree that the next logical step is adding in steps one at a time to see what you get. After that it really depends on your goals. It could be anything from going back to the drawing board or working on line shaping or just adding discs.

Latest posts