• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sunburn Help!

I found actually playing doubles and sucking it up works wonders for sunburns and weak wills.

As a nutrition science student I just thought I'd throw this out there... not that it's going to have a massive impact but hey every little bit helps; make sure you eat healthy especially now that your body is trying to repair itself. That means tons of veggies, meat is no problem, I'd minimize high carb items and junk food. Ideally you would eat this way to minimise inflammation all the time and your healing response would be even quicker, but it'll help as much as it can now. No seeds or nuts though... that's just gonna make the inflammation worse.

As far as those hot showers, idk, seems like you want to alternate cold and hot as that helps flush everything away from the site/improves blood circulation to it. So I guess hot isn't wrong, it's only half of the idea.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
^^^ Agree with this.
As a nursing student (hey he said it so I'll pretend to know what I'm saying hehe jk), also make sure to eat foods high in vitamin c and protein as those are the 2 biggest ways to heal skin wounds. Also the aloe, ibuprofen, and putting damp washcloths on the body will do wonders.

Be careful of heat stroke and heat exhaustion. I had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance on Tuesday. I don't remember a thing.

Egg whites work incredibly well... they day you get burnt. They've studied this and it has something to do with stem cells in the egg white that accelerates the the process. I've used it and it does work. remember to remove the yolk...

after the fact, Aloe extract... the more natural the better...

You probably could go to the hospital if your burn is severe enough. If you decide to ride it out at home, aloe is an excellent option. If you have the actual plant it's best, but store bought gels are good too. We keep several aloe plants at home just in case we might get burned (among other reasons). You can take the leaves, slice the green off, and cut the clear slippery flesh into thin strips that you lay right on the burn for 30 minutes or so. It smells, and is kind of gross, but it works wonders.

Here is more info.

http://homeremediesforlife.com/aloe-vera-for-sunburn/