• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sunset Park Las Vegas

progprowl

Par Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Heading to Vegas this weekend for a bachelor party. We were out there 4 yrs ago and we played Sunset. I remember it was great for all the noobs we had with us and we were able to tow around a cooler. Any other courses that anyone would recommend for day two?

Mountain crest was kinda fun, I hardly remember it and definitely not from a technical standpoint that I would view it on now, I played it about six months ago and it was pretty much the first course that I played as I made my venture into this sport, but I remember I had fun on it, and it gave me an ego boost (as posted recreational par was pretty high, I came in at -6 or something, but I have no idea what that would have been pro par). I also played every other course in the area, the only one of note was Peccole Ranch, it was a narrow private course in the middle of a residential neighborhood (we let ourselves on, nobody ever said anything) but I remember that one being at least slightly entertaining, if not kind of redicilous how it weaves along on the median of the residential complex.

When you do play sunset, make sure you cross the park road after 18 and play the last 6 holes, there a couple nice ones back there.

Thanks for the advice. I worry about playing a private course like Peccole. My buddies may be a bit rowdy, don't want to hurt the DG community there. We'll make sure to hit the final 6.

Thanks again for the response. We played at Sunset. It was extremely windy on Saturday, but we still had a good time. My buddies got a bit frustrated by the wind. We played 10-24 before they quit on me. It wasn't too hot though. I liked some of the holes a lot. I played almost exclusively with a beast and a goblin, because I had to share discs. Not having an overstable driver was tough in the strong winds. Thanks again