• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super overstable driver

The champion max is THE most overstable innova disc ever made. For sure.

I had to say it.

Most overstable thing from innova is hands down the new run of flat as fudge champ Firebirds

i have both a Star Whippet X and a FAF CH Glow Firebird
no comparison
Firebird > Whippet X

I tried trowing a FH roller with a FAF Firebird yesterday... It didn't even hit the ground.

The FAF Firebirds are the most overstable Innova disc ever made, and it's not really close. The only disc that is even comparable are the old CE Vipers.

Faf firebirds are insane, a speed 9 that achieves putter distance. Im buying a Star max tommorow, how does it compare to a regular Firebird (not the FAF insane one)

the star max is my go to overstable driver and one of my most thrown discs . It flies very flat and will fight wind beyond belief . if you can power it enough it will amaze if not its still an amazing wind fighter and very consistent hyzer disc. It has very little glide but is easily capable of 400 ft flat and straight . I have never been a firebird fan. Sorry but I don't like em. The max is the ****.

Last edited:
Flat, max weight Champion Firebird. I use it mainly as my OS FH disc and for overhand. My Drone mirrors my Firebird as my main BH OS disc. I've dabbled with Monsters and the Max but the Firebird is really perfect for this role. It is very OS, yet controllable. Doesn't go far, just is very accurate. I often use it for short FH approaches.

What would be a good overstable distance driver. I want something that will be fine in megaheadwind but i can still throw it far.
I was thinking maybe a pd2 or an xcal, or a star max...
Any suggestions?