• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super overstable driver

I had to say it.

Most overstable thing from innova is hands down the new run of flat as fudge champ Firebirds

I have thrown both the new firebirds and a pop top metal flake max.
I am actually able to throw the firebird like 300.
As for the max, it immediately goes left as soon as it comes out of the hand.

If you are like me and don't like using anything over speed 10 then get a Firebird.

If you want something similar to a Freak(PD) get a Champion Starfire.

Another vote for the Firebird. Speed not so fast that lower speed arms can't throw it. Yet super predictable flight. I don't have a lot of uses for it at my home courses so I don't bag it full time. But I throw it in practice so that I can use it for disc golfing trips where I always seem to find a hole that turns hard left.

Most overstable thing from innova is hands down the new run of flat as fudge champ Firebirds
:thmbup: By far the most overstable discs made by Innova are FAF Champion Firebirds. Great utility disc, I use mine for rollers, thumbers, spike hyzers, flex shots & on doglegs.

Firebird.

I had an Xcaliber that was wicked overstable, and I have an Ape that's one of the most OS discs I've owned. I guess there's some variance with those molds.

The champion max is THE most overstable innova disc ever made. For sure.

Agreed with everyone else, not even close.

There are two solutions to this.

1. Board Flat Champ Firebird, Most over stable for spike hyzers
2. Champ Viper, Fights out of an anhyzer the quickest

I had a throw with the Viper into a head wind so strong the disc was almost blown out of my hand. Still started hyzering almost immediately.

A Monster was the most overstable disc I had ever thrown , till I threw that Nuke OS

Agreed with everyone else, not even close.

There are two solutions to this.

1. Board Flat Champ Firebird, Most over stable for spike hyzers
2. Champ Viper, Fights out of an anhyzer the quickest

You guys have apparently never thrown a big dome champion max like mine.

Two disc that were too over stable for me, and the reason I'm selling them, are a star viewed and red flat champion monster. Definitely for Someone who pushes 450 routinely.

A Monster was the most overstable disc I had ever thrown , till I threw that Nuke OS

You guys have apparently never thrown a big dome champion max like mine.

Flat pearly champ monster is the most OS disc I've ever thrown.

Two disc that were too over stable for me, and the reason I'm selling them, are a star viewed and red flat champion monster. Definitely for Someone who pushes 450 routinely.

I have no doubt that all of these are very, very overstable. Inflight, which I like for flight guides, as these three discs - plus the FB for comparison - as very, very, overstable.

But all of these discs are very, very fast too - especially when in Champ/Star plastic. Nuke and Ape are 13, Max is 11, Monster is 10. They're overstable not only by design, but also by speed.

Latest posts