• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Surge vs Avenger vs Wind

Its just weird because on marshall streets flight guide there right next to each other, and discrafts ratings are 1.8,1.7 but they react alot different in the air.
What you're seeing there is the difference between "speed stable" and "true stable." Most people can't get faster discs up to speed to see the differences you're talking about, so they rate the discs with those people in mind.

I'd take note of how each of them performs in the wind and then choose one accordingly. What I'd do if I saw the difference you're talking about is use the Avenger most of the time but then use the Surge if you need that different line.

Thanks all. Im gonna go out today and do some comparison tests with just surges and avengers since its windy again.

avenger should generally be just a bit more dependable in the wind, all other factors being equal (disc wear, weight, plastic). try them and decide for yourself, they are pretty close.

At 400-450' of power, a new max weight ESP Surge will turn slightly with no wind. A new Z Avenger will handle it better. With that level of power, a domey Z Predator (green, blue or yellow) would be very straight into a headwind, especially the earlier runs, or a seasoned newer run. Or even better, a flat Z Force in the 168-170g range.

nate doss surges. My distance guesstimate is based on hole #14 at my course. Flat 449ft and I can over throw the basket pretty regularly so even if they are off im thinking I gotta be close to 450ft.

What is your home course?

nate doss surges. My distance guesstimate is based on hole #14 at my course. Flat 449ft and I can over throw the basket pretty regularly so even if they are off im thinking I gotta be close to 450ft.

nice :thmbup:.. wish i could get my nates out that far ... if you ever want to try a First Run or Pre-Nate Surge just hit me up i have some used or new i could come off of

Latest posts