• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

T-Bird vs The Predator

Jungle Tim

Birdie Member
Probably a thread about this already.....

I know that strictly speaking the pred is over stable and the t bird is stable... but after a string of flat top preds (meat hooks and baby snatchers), I bought a sweet tyedye domy pred, mostly for the tyedye, (straight, great glide and as predictable as the alphabet). All i wanna do is throw the domy pred now. Is this a freaky pred? my 'game bag' tbirds are starting to get nervous.....

I have never thrown a pred like that, sounds like a keeper to me - if you can throw it straight and it flies similar to a teebird or throw it on a hyzer angle for that preddy meathook...

So... what about those "and sometimes Y" occasions?

I get more distances out of my Teebirds, and my Preds fight headwinds much better. Never thrown a domey Pred.

apples to oranges...
having said that... if it works go with it...
i will caution you, however, relying on a once in a lifetime, hard to find, out of print, misprint, or other such rare disc can be counter productive to your game in the long run. I've seen how losing 1 disc can kill one's score; if you cant replace that disc, you are <what rhymes with "PLUCKED"????>

Longtime predator and teebird thrower here.

I have indeed thrown these domey predators - and have a tyedyed one like you describe that has this shape also. (I'd say it flies more like an X Pred, but in Z plastic)

I'd compare it to a slightly more low speed stable eagle than a teebird. Very controllable fairway driver, can do a lot of lines very well. I don't see any problems carrying both overlap wise, especially since the domey pred can hold a stronger hyzer in the wind, and fly flex lines more consistently than a teebird.

And yes, they are sweet compliments to flatter preds and teebirds :thmbup:

Thanks dudes, good to hear that i have a 'special' pred, but thats bad to hear too as djjeramahiaj pointed out i will find my self in the poultry section surrounded by plucked ducks. T-birds are happier now... although playing with fire today, its an all Discraft bag......might pack an extra pred.

What color is it?

There was a run maybe 2 years ago that was Domey and not very overstable...the ones I had were clearish red.

Dga provides an old mold pred- I just can't remember it's name and if it's more or less overstable.

DGA mold is the Tsunami, which is a tad less stable because it doesnt have the bead the pred has. I have a orange Pred from the new run that is also domey and much less stable.

Latest posts