• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tag questions, where, what, why?

Ok, dumb question. What are tags for?

Do players get them for scoring well, or having the best round? I don't play leagues ever, so I'm clueless when it comes to tags.
If a group of players with tags play together, after the round the player with the best score gets to take the lowest numbered tag. Ties are usually settled by whomever had the lower tag to start with.

Basically, it provides a way for players to compete without having to get money involved.

If a group of players with tags play together, after the round the player with the best score gets to take the lowest numbered tag. Ties are usually settled by whomever had the lower tag to start with.

Basically, it provides a way for players to compete without having to get money involved.

So, it has nothing to do with leagues then? Or, do you also play for tags at league?

Now I think I understand the DGCR tags. If I had one, and met some DGCR guys, I could potentially (miraculously) take their tag, right?

The DGCR tags are a little different, you're not playing for a lower number, you're just swapping them regardless of score. With bag tags, some leagues play tag rounds where everybody puts in their tags at the beginning of the round and they get distributed by score. It doesn't really work for doubles, but any singles round you can play for tags.

Thanks for the info guys! I always wondered about tags, and kept forgetting to ask.

So, it has nothing to do with leagues then? Or, do you also play for tags at league?

Now I think I understand the DGCR tags. If I had one, and met some DGCR guys, I could potentially (miraculously) take their tag, right?

Correct. Bag tags are seperate, but can be incorporated into league. For example if you had tag 50, and you meet up with someone who has a lower tag number such as 40. You then challenge that person to a bag tag challenge. If you win, you now get to have Bagtag number 40, and that person has bag tag 50. The challenge is to get number 1, and keep it for as long as possible. The travel DGCR tags are used just for swapping.
You can also do a group challenge, where everyone puts in their tags, and whoever gets the lowest score gets the lowest number, second place gets second lowest, etc. In case of a tie, some people do it where the person who had the lowest tag before, gets the lowest tag between the people who tied. I prefer a tie to be broken with either a CTP, or another hole.

***beat to the point.

It doesn't really work for doubles, but any singles round you can play for tags.
One thing you can do for doubles is create two separate tag pools. The lower numbered players on each team go into one pool, and the higher numbered players go into another. Cali players or players who's partner doesn't have a tag also go in the low pool. At the end of the round, the members of the winning team get the lowest numbered tag in their respective pools.

I'm starting a new club and my buddy and I are going to be ordering tags. Since this is a brand new club and we will be footing the bill ourselves initially I don't want to go crazy. So here's a few questions I have:
  1. Where do different clubs order tags from? We were looking at disc diva.
  2. What to people like better aluminum, wood, plastic, homemade, etc
  3. How much would you pay for a tag?
  4. Anything else to consider?

I would really like to do shirts or discs to go with the tags, but unfortunately that is going to be impossible this first year. We are looking at doing discs or shirts at our fall tourney after we have raised extra money.

Thanks for the help!

Make sure you put a Tee Scum tag in there. They are awesome. :thmbup:

I would say get some mini's and spraypaint a stencil onto it. Its cheap and depending on how artistic you or your buddies are pretty cool. I also like the domino idea.

I think we're going to go with the custom domino set. I can get 90 dominioes for $90, then if sell for $10, it should set us up well enough to put out a good players package for our end of year championship.

Also if you were running leagues, what would be something you'd like to see besides just regular rounds. Doubles, ctps, ring of fire, alternates, what else?

Also if you were running leagues, what would be something you'd like to see besides just regular rounds. Doubles, ctps, ring of fire, alternates, what else?

A cheap weekly round is one of the things I've seen that gets a great turnout. I played a weekly tag round that only cost $1 for the ace pool as long as you were a tag member, it got a lot of people out including less skilled players since they weren't just donating to the top guys.

Make 'em yourself !!
Slice some small logs up, sand them smooth and stencil numbers on them.
Carve out the letters with a dremel and paint.
We picked up a rubber stamp cheap for the club logo and year.

564850_517840311574163_323790808_n.jpg

So the tags came in this week. I really like 'em. Thanks for all the advice from everyone. If anyone is interested in purchasing one pm me.

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 30