• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tahoe and Reno and Grass valley, 4 days in JUne Help

That's an unrealistic schedule Lion. There's no possible way that you'll be able to get all those courses in a weekend. Squaw alone will take you half a day without a guide.

Peter's got a good point here. You are trying to do too much in too little time.

Not only that, but I wouldn't waste my time on some of those courses. For example, Nevada in the heat of the summer will not be fun unless you're up at the lake, which is where I'd focus my weekend. Here's what my list would be:

Saturday:
- Turtle Rock
- Bijou
- Zephyr Cove

Sunday:
- Squaw
- Sierra College

That would be plenty of golf to fill a weekend and would give the best overall courses for the area.

How long will squaw take with a guide? Sunday I will be at splatter hill.

I'd say at least a 4 hour round

Well I will be at toney mountain at 5 am and then after that I will be driving back to north Tahoe. 4 hours seems brutally long, Wrightwood usually takes 3 hours max and that's 27 holes.

Well I will be at toney mountain at 5 am and then after that I will be driving back to north Tahoe. 4 hours seems brutally long, Wrightwood usually takes 3 hours max and that's 27 holes.

Wrightwood you can drive up and start playing immediately. Squaw, between buying tickets for the tram, waiting for the tram, then riding the tram, you're looking at about an hour round trip from your car to the course. Squaw is also a far more strenuous hike than Sky High.

So I need a guide, who's up for playing Squaw on the 16th around lunch? I' ll buy your lift ticket? Wouldn't mind playing another course afterwards.

any guides available for the 16th

So I got a guide for Saturday at Squaw and a few more courses. I guess its just going to be a fun time now that I dont have to stress over looking for holes. Should save me plenty of time.

I am so freaking jealous. I wish I had played DG when I lived in NorCal. I am thinking of a two week CA trip next year. The Tahoe area is on my wish list. Enjoy the great scenery and landscape. I've hiked it, but never thrown it.

I stepped up to showing lion around. He's playing Toney's really early then coming to Truckee. We're going for Truckee River, Sierra, Squaw, North Tahoe, then finishing with our newest course in Incline. It's going to be a huge day of golf, but we got it. Looking forward to it and i'll snap a few pics.

you got a good guide there lion.

The next day should be Zephyr, Bijou, Turtle Rock, and Kirkwood

I stepped up to showing lion around. He's playing Toney's really early then coming to Truckee. We're going for Truckee River, Sierra, Squaw, North Tahoe, then finishing with our newest course in Incline. It's going to be a huge day of golf, but we got it. Looking forward to it and i'll snap a few pics.

Lion will be in good hands.
Supppppeeeerrrrrr bummed I can't make this trip. :thmbdown:

You guys are mad men! I love ya for it though. :D When I played Squaw I only did it that day, but then again we did hike up to the course and back down, so it added a few hours. Still havn't goten to play Kirkwood, Incline or Sierra. I guess I'll just have to make another trip through there.

yeah thats a crazy saturday, thats why i'm taking it easy on sunday and playing south tahoe on Monday.

So friday morning im playing Dayton, then driving to Reno and plan on eating breakfast at Hash Hash A Go Go. My wife wantes to eat at Noodle 21 at night. Anymore recommendations for Tahoe dinners or lunch to go around Squaw area. Help me out and let me know some late dinner places and stuff to eat out. Lunch around Turtlerock?

Latest posts