• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talented younger players....15 and under.

Thunder Schultz is 14 and winning advanced around here. In a recent tournament he beat everyone including pros by 7 strokes. His brother is 10 and can throw three hundred and usually places top half in int.

Izak McDonald finished one stroke behind Barella at the USADGC, and I think he's only 13.

my four year old backhands around 100' and forehands about 120'. he can roll them over 200'. watchout U5 division.

Isaac Robinson's been on a tear through the GA Advanced tourney scene. 13yrs old and rated 909 but been shooting 950+ the last couple of months. Shot dual 990 rounds to snag the GA USDGC performance slot.

He's gonna be good ... and he's got 3 younger brothers who have just as much potential.

Henna Blomroos, 15, shot a 940 rated round at the season opening tournament in Kankaanpää, Finland earlier this year. At 2:45 she hammers 63 mph into the speed tracker, and at 3:08 there's a couple of samples of her drive. She co-holds the European females distance record of 433 feet.

Discraft Sponsored Brock Dowell beat Anthony Barela and Izac McDonald at the USADGC. He had a 2nd place finish at the Rumble an A-tier and the Legion of Doom Big C- tier. been shooting 970ish all spring. He turns 16 next week.

Discraft Sponsored Brock Dowell beat Anthony Barela and Izac McDonald at the USADGC. He had a 2nd place finish at the Rumble an A-tier and the Legion of Doom Big C- tier. been shooting 970ish all spring. He turns 16 next week.

I second Brock I had the chance to half play with him once and couldn't believe how good of a putter he is.

Also what is the typical age/rating for a junior to get sponsored?

Really depends on what you do. I would say at least 900 rated and be involved with the local club. Help out at work days and set a good example

Anthony Barela, Izak McDonald, and Ian Krajna all played very well at Am Worlds last year. My son came in 5th and has gotten much better but isnt quite in the same league. Braxton Lawrence was also very solid.

These kids have full lives with schoolwork and other sports. Its hard to say who will stick with and develop the fastest and learn to win under pressure.

Here in WI we have Sam Doebert who is 10 or 11 I think, and then Hayden Schultz (Barry Schultz Nephew) who is also maybe 12 or so.

Both going to be players to watch in the future.

Isaac Robinson's been on a tear through the GA Advanced tourney scene. 13yrs old and rated 909 but been shooting 950+ the last couple of months. Shot dual 990 rounds to snag the GA USDGC performance slot.

He's gonna be good ... and he's got 3 younger brothers who have just as much potential.

I totally agree with Isaac's potential. His dad is the one who got me started in DG a few years back and his boy's were good then.

Actually Isaac has 5 younger brothers and a younger sister, but some of them are too young to play yet. I think the only factor here is time...

I'm 16 years old

I can drive about 350- 400 with a good consistency and I did a juniors tourny a couple weeks back and if I would have been in the men's division I would have gotten 2nd place. I am planning on going to the juniors worlds this year hopefully I can get my consistency even better. :)

Last edited:

He just won back to back Advanced tournaments and averaged 970 for the weekend. Kid is awesome.

I totally agree with Isaac's potential. His dad is the one who got me started in DG a few years back and his boy's were good then.

Actually Isaac has 5 younger brothers and a younger sister, but some of them are too young to play yet. I think the only factor here is time...

There will be a Team Robinson in 10 years. I bet you.

Jake Hebenheimer in Jefferson City, MO is 15 and crushes it! He just won 2nd in Advanced at St. Louis Open with a couple of 980+ rounds. Was one off the lead heading into final 9, but winner just went off the hook. He's looking good for KCWO this weekend.

Jake just got picked up by Lat64 and with AB and ND moving up at AmWorlds this year, I'm looking for Jake to take down the <16 title if he can string some good rounds together.