• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talk about uncool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio,
I apologize. And should have been more patient in waiting for your return email. I had made some assumptions about who was TDing the event.

Why do you pay to be on the wait list?
Because that is the way DGU does it. It also eliminates 50 people who say "Put me on the list" and have no intention of showing up. It shows a person is serious about playing.

I know the argument was cleared up, so not trying to stoke flames or anything, but just wanted to highlight this for people who were curious as to why the fee would be non-refundable.

Having entries/waitlists be non-refundable also prevents people from holding a spot, then waiting to see who else is playing before deciding whether they'll actually show...then if they drop out the day before the other players get a smaller purse, and someone who wanted to play will not get the opportunity. I personally don't see a problem with the practice, especially given the info from the TD that you could see your spot in line before paying.

*I should mention I'm in no way associated with the TD, and have no idea what tournament we're even talking about, I'm speaking purely on principle here*

This thread turned out to be pretty cool after all.

vym9hu.jpg

:thmbup: so nice to see drama dissipated less than 10 pages into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.