• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talk to me about Blind Squirrel

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was reading about Blind Squirrel and it sounds interesting. Two 18 hole courses tucked away in the mountains, with an onsite brewery and a wealth of camping options.

How are the courses? The short course reads like it'd be a nice warm-up, with 9 par 2 style holes to get the putting stroke going then 9 short holes. What I'm really interested in is the longer 18 hole course. It seems pretty short looking at the stats, but I'm sure the constant elevation changes make things more interesting than they look on paper.

What do you think? Worth the drive out to play both courses and sample some beer? I was thinking about playing a 9 hole on the way, then pitching my tent after throwing three rounds. Seems like a good day.

Last edited:
Also a plus, you can play Sugaree! Awesome awesome private mountain course that will test your patience

I did not play Blind Squirrel, but I did eat/drink there. Great food, and good beer.

A bit confusing as the restaurant/tap house is not where the campgrounds/disc golf courses are

This doesn't seem to be on the site anymore. What's the deal?

I went through plumtree a few years ago, probably 2013. I played the VALLEY course, right there on the river. It was actually one of the first courses I ever played. I had my daughter with me, and we both had a great time. We laughed when our discs ended up in the middle of the river. Or when they disappeared into one of many Christmas trees. It was what WE needed that day. A little light, a little fluffy. Pretty easy. A good father/daughter bonding with disc golf.

It was probably 18 months ago when I did the MOUNTAIN course.

Don't get me wrong here, but I would not call it "must see" or "Must do", but again, it made for a nice relaxed round, after we had finished Sugaree earlier in the day. It's not a world class course. But not every course needs to be.

Latest posts