• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking bout stalking (stalkers post here)

Getting rid of an ESP stalker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Discraft-X-out-Esp-Stalker-Disc-Golf-170-172-Black-/160434111644?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255a9e449c

I really really like my stalker and was just kinda curious. When Blake_T describes a big snap being 430 ft. with a teebird, what would the distance be for a big snap with a stalker?

Iman522 said:
I really really like my stalker and was just kinda curious. When Blake_T describes a big snap being 430 ft. with a teebird, what would the distance be for a big snap with a stalker?

probably 400-410', the stalker isn't significantly shorter than the teebird imo

so i finally got one and i have to say i'm really digging it. i got lighter weight, 166, red Z plastic. it's not too domey but it's not flat. it has a fade at the end but i can easily turn it over if i want but thrown flat with some snap it turns but is mainly straight 300 - 325'.

if it's like a longer buzz it's like my seasoned z buzz. this 166 is not nearly as stable as a new buzz.

i took a while to buy one and that's too bad. my p-cd and opto river have gotten quite understable and this stalker is really exactly what i was looking for.

so far.....

There is a stack of nice Crystal Z Stalkers in my pro shop. I noticed they are a bit domey relative to my FR Z Stalker. These must be more stable, no?

I've been throwing a flat-topped first run 172 Blue Z Stalker, which is nicely seasoned to flip up and track slightly straight and right, and almost no fade at the end except to settle down. Not flippy, and very reliable, but still mostly a one-trick pony.

But, I've now had an opportunity to throw a domey Stalker, from a tournament run. Pink, 175. This disc reminds me so much of the feel that my Z Comet has (also domey). When I throw it with hyzer, this disc has a good ability to hold the hyzer, even though the rate of left turn can be very smooth and slow without much fade at all. I like that! Also, I managed to throw it quite easily 350' slightly uphill, with a tailwind and almost no effort in the throw. But, when I throw it into a headwind, it flips bad (my FR Stalker can flip in headwinds, but not this much!). It is also very sensitive to OAT relative to my FR Stalker.

My uses for this disc (i.e., things that it does better than other discs I own) seem to be limited to: long low glidey gradual hyzer shots. Long and straight tailwind shots. That's about it. The latter type of scenario rarely arises in reality. And the former can be handled by a snappy hyzer release of my Teebird or Wraith (depending on the distance). Thus, I'm not very impressed with the usefulness of the domey Stalker, so far. But, I'm going to continue working with it, beating it up, and seeing how it flies after some seasoning.

I have a tournament stamp Cryztal Stalker that I really like. I can't get distance with it like I can get with my high speed stuff, but it flies really nicely. Mine hasn't flipped over on me once yet, and with a slight hyzer it keeps going. It's not going to be one of my primary drivers, but I consider it one of my better approach/fairway discs.

Proto and glo stalkers are they way to go, I'm not big on the regular Z's and cryztals as they are flippier and have a larger dome. Great utility discs

Stalker report...

I tossed my newer pink Stalker high into a tree at Zephyr Cove Nevada (SE Lake Tahoe) in September-ish and whoever eventually found it never bothered to call the number I had written on it. Oh well.

I've only just begun to realize how valuable my 172 g Blue FR Z Stalker is...I love it, but I'm too afraid to throw it and lose it, and then I don't practice enough with it because I don't throw it as much, so that my confidence rate in throwing it then goes down further, and so on and so forth into a downward cycle.

I have another newer Stalker in reserve, but haven't put it in my bag yet, though I should try it some time.

Had to try dying a disc again, so I showed a 15 minute fuschia bath for my glo stalker, I like the result!

2zsr7rq.jpg

Oh and it still glows.

I've got an older Stalker with the circle stamp and I just bought a new tie-dye Stalker with the small foil stamp. The new one is flatter than the old one but both have the same PLH. My old one would slow down and fade left (RHBH) on its own, but the new one is laser beam straight to the ground if I don't release it on a hyzer. I really like the old flight path, super straight then hard fade left into the ground but the new one doesn't do that. Was my old disc a fluke? If I increase the dome on my new Stalker will it fly like the old one? Does another disc have that flight profile?

Just wondering if people have tried adding dome to flat Stalkers or flattening domey ones? Or what they use that's like a domey one?

Throw a Stalker every time I play, but I'm a noodle arm who doesn't have much snap on my throw so it flies super straight, with a nice left fade at the very end. Pretty nice glide. I really like them.