• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Talking bout stalking (stalkers post here)

I've never thrown an Avenger. I do throw a Stalker and a Cyclone. The Cyclone is a great disc, I use it more of a fairway/mid though. It gets me out of a lot of trouble. The Stalker is an off the tee driver for me. So I don't think I'd trade either disc for an Avenger. If I start getting more power behind my throws I might try an Avenger SS in place of the Stalker, but I've never really given it a whole lot of thought.

Sorry, I know that's not super helpful...

sunspot said:
What would be a better complement, Avenger and Stalker or Avenger and Cyclone?

It's all relative, but I'd say the Cyclone would be a better complement to the Avenger, just because the Cyclone can work more lines.

The Stalker, to me, fits right between a Teebird and a Roc, very straight with a nice lil fade at the end. But, I've recently taken out my Stalker and replaced it with a Vector. The Vector is almost as fast, handles the wind better and I flick it better. That being said, the Stalker is still a fine golf disc. :)

what are most people pairing these with as a over stable fairway. i was thinking banshee. any other have a nice set up.

Predator makes a fantastic overstable compliment to the Stalker. Prrtty darn close for me in terms of speed and length. Difference being the Pred is quite overstable.

Bumpy

Ok so I used to throw stalkers when I was tossing rocs. After I switched to buzzzs,I barely threw the stalkers after. So I dropped them and just went buzzz/pd/td. I tried the gazelle for a bit but i dropped it too. The thing I miss about the stalkers was the lazer straight flight and straight landing.

I know they need height to go far and kinda suck for low ceiling bit I've been anxious to toss em again.
Anybody tossing buzzzs and stalkers? How about a td and stalker comparison? I throw the td a lot but hardly for lazers because it usually goes further than I want and has a decent fade still. I can throw buzzzs but sometomes their too short.

Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to throw them again because I'm bored lol.

Any feedback is great

The Stalker is a weird disc...I'm using a 170 Opto River right now that does the Stalker thing with much less effort, yet also doesn't seem to go too far for me either. I think I actually prefer a disc in this slot that turns and fades a bit with a shallow S over the power laser of the Stalker. I always felt like I needed to throw the Stalker too hard. After the first runs they started coming out too overstable to work for the laser without breaking in. I'm not sure what the newer runs are like now.

See when the river came out,I tried it against my stalkers but didn't really like em. I like the lazer shots that the stalker gave but it was definitely a one trick pony. I never stuck with the reg z. I stayed with the glos at the time since those were the most consistent.

Basically I want the longer buzzz flight but I know the stalker was never significantly longer,which is why I stopped throwing them at that point

I dropped Stalkers for TD's recently and should be able to give you a fairly good comparison...

The Stalker is about as straight as a TD in the 350-380 or so range that I throw them in. TD does fade harder than a Stalker in that range though. Stalker doesn't glide very well at all and requires quite a bit of snap and air under it for me to put it past 360'. The TD on the other hand glides very well and carries much further for me with the same amount of snap. When trying to work both discs past 370' the TD will turn smoothly and consistently ride flat and fade out. The Stalker does not like to be turned much at all as it will turn and never comeback. Neither disc hold hyzers particularly well, and I wouldn't throw either in anything but light wind.

Keep working with those Buzzz's. I too missed my Stalkers for awhile but learning to throw my Mids to the 350' range was a huge asset to the consistency of my game.

Booter said:
Either way. It seems like I may revisit the river or stalker

My Z Stalker always did what my Opto River could do and more. Not sure if I got a lemon, but my River seems to flip super easy at the worst time in a round. I keep my Stalker in the bag because I can count on it to go out dead straight to 300' or so and then drop and stay down and not roll away or anything. I occasionally use it off the tee but can power it down for a long mid if I really need to on a straight line.

himynameismatt said:
I dropped Stalkers for TD's recently and should be able to give you a fairly good comparison...

The Stalker is about as straight as a TD in the 350-380 or so range that I throw them in. TD does fade harder than a Stalker in that range though. Stalker doesn't glide very well at all and requires quite a bit of snap and air under it for me to put it past 360'. The TD on the other hand glides very well and carries much further for me with the same amount of snap. When trying to work both discs past 370' the TD will turn smoothly and consistently ride flat and fade out. The Stalker does not like to be turned much at all as it will turn and never comeback. Neither disc hold hyzers particularly well, and I wouldn't throw either in anything but light wind.

Keep working with those Buzzz's. I too missed my Stalkers for awhile but learning to throw my Mids to the 350' range was a huge asset to the consistency of my game.

I think the TD is too long and too LSS on shots 300-350 for a fairway driver imo. Throwing mids 350' is great if you've got the ceiling, but often in the woods you do not. This is where the fairways shine.

Itchy said:
Booter said:
Either way. It seems like I may revisit the river or stalker

My Z Stalker always did what my Opto River could do and more. Not sure if I got a lemon, but my River seems to flip super easy at the worst time in a round. I keep my Stalker in the bag because I can count on it to go out dead straight to 300' or so and then drop and stay down and not roll away or anything. I occasionally use it off the tee but can power it down for a long mid if I really need to on a straight line.

It seems like the River would overlap with about every other driver in your bag, which seem to overlap with each other a lot as well. Though my first River was a little touchy (173 Opto), the two I have now are not (170 opto and 175 GL). They hold a turn and glide much better than a Stalker, which loses height pretty fast when turned a lot like the Buzzz does. I think the Stalker flies on some interesting hyzers and the straight shot, but that's about it. The River can get more movement, yet can be thrown dead straight as well.

discspeed said:
I think the TD is too long and too LSS on shots 300-350 for a fairway driver imo. Throwing mids 350' is great if you've got the ceiling, but often in the woods you do not. This is where the fairways shine.
The stable TDs definitely are. My understable ones though work fine on these shots.

TD and River are longer and faster than a Stalker and all TDs fade a bit more than i like to see from a FW driver. In fact my driver Beast is straighter than TD. Leopard is closer in D and speed and lack of too hard fade for tunnels to Stalker than those mentioned. I'm thinking that XL may be the only competition, because Apache fades a bit more.

discspeed said:
himynameismatt said:

I don't disagree with that. Shots in the 350'-360' are probably the most difficult for me to throw and where I miss my Stalker the most. Topping out my Buzzz range and the TD fades a good chunk more than a Stalker.

Keeping my fingers crossed that a Discmania FD covers that slot here in the future.

himynameismatt said:
Keeping my fingers crossed that a Discmania FD covers that slot here in the future.
Hopefully next season. They've repeatedly stated that they want to keep the C-Line in the limelight for the rest of this season, so probably no new products until the year changes...

jubuttib said:
himynameismatt said:
Hopefully next season. They've repeatedly stated that they want to keep the C-Line in the limelight for the rest of this season, so probably no new products until the year changes...

Have they made any non-PLUS core CPDs yet?

discspeed said:
Apart from the CFR runs, plenty of which were available with a production stamp? No idea, you should ask them. They have made a third run of S-Lines which Jussi claims are the closest they've ever gotten to the first runs.

jubuttib said:
discspeed said:
Apart from the CFR runs, plenty of which were available with a production stamp? No idea, you should ask them. They have made a third run of S-Lines which Jussi claims are the closest they've ever gotten to the first runs.

I want more like this....
mdm-pdfreak-s.jpg

These have basically the flight of a normal SPD (though with a bit more HSS and less LSS) with the durability of champion plastic. I'm still throwing my first one. After a year it's only lost a bit of stability and it's been my most thrown PD that whole time.