• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tax Season

CaliZac89

Bogey Member
Well, tax time is upon us.. And being disc-heads I assume the members on DGCR will be spending a decent amount of cash on discs/bags/etc with their returns. What will you be buying with your refund check?

My wife got a new job this summer and worked boat loads of OT. The IRS will likely be taking some of my plastic, cash, and anything else of value. On the bright side, I stocked up with her OT pay.

Old guy=having a job? Look here young whipper snapper, when I was a pup I was delivering papers to make some money. Uphill in the snow, BOTH ways.

Ill be buying baby clothes, furniture, diapers, and wipes. Ive got MORE than enough discs and just bought a Grip a few months ago so Im good disc golf wise.

taking my wife and son to Disneyland park hopper tickets. I always buy new discs. I do want another bag, maybe another silverback, or another mojo. oooh, or a grip.

I'd love a basket, but I need to save for a security deposit on an apartment at some point, inevitable car repairs, and other life shenanigans. That being said I'll likely pick up some LE Discraft stuff to add to the hoard.

Gotta save most of it but I'll probably be looking to get a CE Firebird or at least a special pearly one, couple vip warships, couple older xd's, hopefully a 10/10 white esp comet and a handful of wizards.

Most of mine will go to the family vacation fund. However this will as allow me to play 8 more courses while on vacation, so its all good. I will stop at a dg store or two while we are out and about as well.

Amazingly, I got my return yesterday. Unfortunately, I wont be spending much of it on DG stuff. I bought a shock and a cool tourney stamped buzzz yesterday but I will be using the remainder of it to pay off the credit card bill I racked up by taking a snowboarding vacation to Colorado a few weeks back and the rest will go towards paying my last car payment, Which will free up a bunch of cash for other toys anyhow. I really wanted to get a new fork for my mountain bike but that can wait until spring anyhow.

I try to keep it so I either get no return, or owe a small amount. Giving the government an interest free loan through the year? No thanks.

I'd be planning a big order if I wasn't still in trouble for buying myself discs for Christmas, my birthday, and the holiday known as last weekend.

Half will go into savings. Other half will be used to buy backup plastic for World Dubs at Selah Ranch, pay off credit cards, and maybe take vacation with the wife.

I need to repair my XBOX 360 and get my car fixed. If anything is left over, it will go toward credit cards. I proctor SAT and ACT tests to pay for plastic and tourney entries.

As far as DG equipment goes, I could use a new pair of shoes. The ones I've been wearing are torn up from the thorns at a local course.

I'll also be getting a set of new bike wheels.

Latest posts