• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tbird888's dyes

tbird888

Salient Disc Test Team
I have been dyeing for a few months now and wanted to share a few I did tonight. Sorry for the cell pics. I'm too cheap to spring for a good camera.

This is the stencil I got from hippiediscdude for coming up with the saying on the disc! Thank you again, hippie. :) Oracal is super simple with the transfer tape. I don't mind contact paper since I hand-cut but will be looking for some transfer tape. I'm not sure what else I want to do beyond filling him in.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dye-17---Quagmire-Groove-750.jpg

I love the entire Hitchhiker's Guide series and had to put the logo on at least one disc. I think this needs something else, like 'Don't Panic' or '42' in the background.
Dye-16---Hitchhikers-Guide-Crush-75.jpg

The last one is my first attempt at multiple colors. It's not perfect by any means (my red gives me fits), but I like it.
Dye-15---The-Flash-Tracker-750.jpg

whats wrong with the red? i guess i cant see any imperfections for the disc in the pics.

Despite there not being a bubble in the pan when I dropped in the disc, I got a bubble near the logo. I also got a spot (near the bottom right of the logo) that looks like some undissolved crystals stuck to the disc. I also got it on my putter the last time I dyed it completely red.