• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Disc Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just responded to Ryan since I do know him personally and we are friends on facebook. I didn't intend for my comment to be ignorant or to intentionally put Ryan down, that is not the reason I mentioned him being deaf. I mentioned it because I literally thought one of the conversation he and I had on facebook was some sort of spammer or cloned account or something.

I realize now how what I said makes him look bad and me look completely ignorant. I apologized to him and I do to anyone who took my comment as a criticism. It was not meant to be that way, I was just trying to see if what Dana had heard about was the same thing Ryan had tried to talk to me about.

He just sent me a message on facebook and seems that he was just kidding around about my comment. I thought I had just pissed him off and made myself look like an joke . . . well maybe I did just one. Sorry everyone. Off to the landfill so it doesn't get seen by thousands please.

I had my best friend take me to a pyramid scheme meeting and I didn't talk to him for about three years. I eventually forgave him and he apologized. he didn't realize it was a scheme because it was in the dot com bubble era.

my bachelor's degree is in marketing, public relations and political science. i have some knowledge of the subject.

my first job out of college was at a non profit performing arts center, managing events. they had a large theater and hall space, so naturally, needing money they would rent it out to some questionable organizations sometimes.

one of those organizations was a group called TEAM (together everyone achieves more). they had loose affiliations with Amway but broke away apparently. they would hold big meetings and invite their clients to bring guests to introduce them to the new way to make good money.

you couldnt get in without a ticket to these award ceremony/seminars. and they even had security guards. obviously i overheard many of the presentations and a lot more conversations between clients and prospectives.

this is pretty much the same thing. nikko met some guy who told him about a great new opportunity. nikko had a group of people who would listen to him, especially if it was framed in the sense of growing disc golf. theres already so many people who are desparate for disc golf to grow and be legitimized.

and thats the thing, it doesnt matter who the target group is that could be easily influenced (or what they are even selling for that matter). its just the same formula over and over again. i sincerely hope no one goes for this and i sincerely hope nikko had good intentions.

either way it was a mistake and again i hope nikko didnt make any money off this broadcast/pitch deal.

Why am I ignorant for defending Nikko? I never said he isn't trying to make money. He never said he isn't either. Why does any professional athlete advertise or represent any company? To make money...that's a no brainer. He also wants to use their phone service because he has been paying alot for his verizon contract lately. I have a good t-mobile plan myself so I didn't consider switching, and I don't know enough about the company to make statements on their operations, so this is why I have only commented on Nikko. If it really bothers you then you should talk to him about his intentions.

I think the problem is that he is being lofty with his words about "growing the sport of disc golf" etc and just putting money is his pocket. The way he presented this whole thing led no one to believe that it was going to be a pyramid scheme. He was talking about it like it was going to be some sort of charity. I thought this guy was passionate but now I just know that he is a weak sales man full of bs. Dont mistake him for being naive because if you listen to disc golf talk radio his recent interview on there was just him leading the conversation the whole time to talk about arroyo disc sports and some other video production company that are his sponsors. He wouldnt even let them steer the interview at all he just kept repeating himself over and over again. Guy proved to be downright slimy. Too bad. Def not a fan now :confused:

On the Team Discmobile page, it states that "every member, whether individual or business/organization receives their own website." I have to assume that teamdiscmobile.com is Nikko's free website.

If the scam wasn't bad enough, the cheese factor makes it worse.

This will get him kicked off team prodigy. It is embarassing for the sport, what a douche. I was so-so about how I felt about him, but admired his talent. Now I think he is an idiot, not a fan anymore.

This will get him kicked off team prodigy. It is embarassing for the sport, what a douche. I was so-so about how I felt about him, but admired his talent. Now I think he is an idiot, not a fan anymore.

Then they lose people who support him or people who think that's harsh for a mistake he made in judgement? That's not a move I think you will see.

Well I just responded to Ryan since I do know him personally and we are friends on facebook. I didn't intend for my comment to be ignorant or to intentionally put Ryan down, that is not the reason I mentioned him being deaf. I mentioned it because I literally thought one of the conversation he and I had on facebook was some sort of spammer or cloned account or something.

I realize now how what I said makes him look bad and me look completely ignorant. I apologized to him and I do to anyone who took my comment as a criticism. It was not meant to be that way, I was just trying to see if what Dana had heard about was the same thing Ryan had tried to talk to me about.

He just sent me a message on facebook and seems that he was just kidding around about my comment. I thought I had just pissed him off and made myself look like an joke . . . well maybe I did just one. Sorry everyone. Off to the landfill so it doesn't get seen by thousands please.

I'm really surprised that you didn't call him out for publishing your full name

I said something insensitive I have no issue with him posting my name. I have apologized for the comment but he said he was just teasing me. I have moved on and so has he, I just hope this thing works out for him. It is not for me however.

I even published my full name too, Ryan Sullivan. Mike and I are cool, we played together as a group one time in a disc golf tourney back in October. As I still recall, Mike almost hit an ace (chains spitter) in 2nd round of tourney, forgot which hole was that.

I've witnessed a friend try to succeed in a pyramid scheme, and it failed terribly. It involved selling DirecTv/Dish Network.. he thought, this should be easy.. every one watches TV. With the money he thought he was going to make he planned on buying a brand new car, driving to California, and living there.. all while collecting money from his "pyramid" a week went by and he didn't find any one interested.. two weeks went by, same thing.. a month went by.. no one... Oh, and did I mention he had to pay $500 in "investment fees" just to get himself started? Yeah.. so after that incident I told myself never in my entire life would I participate in anything that sounds too good to be true. "You'll make $15,000 a month once you get 5 people under you.." they told him. "Get 10 people under you and you'll be making more money a month than some people do in a year.." Yeah, that worked out great Lol

my bachelor's degree is in marketing, public relations and political science. i have some knowledge of the subject.

my first job out of college was at a non profit performing arts center, managing events. they had a large theater and hall space, so naturally, needing money they would rent it out to some questionable organizations sometimes.

one of those organizations was a group called TEAM (together everyone achieves more). they had loose affiliations with Amway but broke away apparently. they would hold big meetings and invite their clients to bring guests to introduce them to the new way to make good money.

you couldnt get in without a ticket to these award ceremony/seminars. and they even had security guards. obviously i overheard many of the presentations and a lot more conversations between clients and prospectives.

this is pretty much the same thing. nikko met some guy who told him about a great new opportunity. nikko had a group of people who would listen to him, especially if it was framed in the sense of growing disc golf. theres already so many people who are desparate for disc golf to grow and be legitimized.

and thats the thing, it doesnt matter who the target group is that could be easily influenced (or what they are even selling for that matter). its just the same formula over and over again. i sincerely hope no one goes for this and i sincerely hope nikko had good intentions.

either way it was a mistake and again i hope nikko didnt make any money off this broadcast/pitch deal.

If that's what your perspective is, I'm surprised that you hold a marketing degree. But I know what you are talking about the organizations who send info about their business with free dinner or free camera to people through mail. I always get tired of getting that kind of junks in mail all the time. You don't even know what's their business name or what's it about unless you have to go to the meeting. That's why I keep avoiding from that kind of business approach.

It seems to me that you never have been in MLM business or have some experience in it before so don't make an assumption of anything about it. Nikko didn't make a mistake for joining Solavei because he believes in it, he pays $49 only per month for unlimited voice/text/data. That's a hell of deal he got and also, he can make some extra income from it for his travel expenses or other things. So, tell me with your so-called marketing degree....is this a good deal or not? =)

To be honest, this is kind of how Prodigy disc golf comes across to me. Or how there business is structured. Now I am not saying they are a true ponzi scheme. What I am saying is that it seems like they legally use some of the principals.

*Getting the top athletes to recruit more
*Hyping it up and trying to sell it to everyone
*Certain cuts of the profits

I am not going to pretend to know the particulars, but the whole prodigy thing kind of seemed like a pyramid scheme to me before this happened. And I am wondering if it just desensitized nikko to the whole idea. As a gateway drug to this teamdiskmobile. I honestly think he is strung out and trying anything and everything he can to help disc golf, and that because of prodigy this did not seem like a bad idea. Just my $.02.

I've witnessed a friend try to succeed in a pyramid scheme, and it failed terribly. It involved selling DirecTv/Dish Network.. he thought, this should be easy.. every one watches TV. With the money he thought he was going to make he planned on buying a brand new car, driving to California, and living there.. all while collecting money from his "pyramid" a week went by and he didn't find any one interested.. two weeks went by, same thing.. a month went by.. no one... Oh, and did I mention he had to pay $500 in "investment fees" just to get himself started? Yeah.. so after that incident I told myself never in my entire life would I participate in anything that sounds too good to be true. "You'll make $15,000 a month once you get 5 people under you.." they told him. "Get 10 people under you and you'll be making more money a month than some people do in a year.." Yeah, that worked out great Lol

You really need to research on what is a pyramid scheme. What business name did your friend got involved? Your friend might be not successful because maybe he didn't work hard enough or his selling approach to people failed. Nobody ever get rich fast in MLM system in a month or short time, that's really silly. If you keep it going for 2-3 or even 5 years, you can be successful.

You really need to research on what is a pyramid scheme. What business name did your friend got involved? Your friend might be not successful because maybe he didn't work hard enough or his selling approach to people failed. Nobody ever get rich fast in MLM system in a month or short time, that's really silly. If you keep it going for 2-3 or even 5 years, you can be successful.

I think people are mad because he made it out to look like something it really wasn't. Sure, set up a paypal account and try to get people to donate to some fake charity or something but cmon dont hit us with a pyramid scheme. :\

To be honest, this is kind of how Prodigy disc golf comes across to me. Or how there business is structured. Now I am not saying they are a true ponzi scheme. What I am saying is that it seems like they legally use some of the principals.

*Getting the top athletes to recruit more
*Hyping it up and trying to sell it to everyone
*Certain cuts of the profits

I am not going to pretend to know the particulars, but the whole prodigy thing kind of seemed like a pyramid scheme to me before this happened. And I am wondering if it just desensitized nikko to the whole idea. As a gateway drug to this teamdiskmobile. I honestly think he is strung out and trying anything and everything he can to help disc golf, and that because of prodigy this did not seem like a bad idea. Just my $.02.

Prodigy is a disc company, had nothing to do with Solavei. Go research on pyramid scheme, it's easy to understand what it means. Nikko didn't get this idea by himself, I was the one who suggested him about the idea of spread this Solavei business out in the disc golf community. Then, he got his own idea by created Team DiscMobile website and Facebook page.

Status
Not open for further replies.