• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Disc Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
this honestly should be locked. the guy is basically doing his pitch in everyone of his posts.

Family mobile offers the same deal. It is basically T-Mobile in Walmart.....which I hate but also trust

Everyone? There are only 3 including yourself. And I'm still waiting for your answer. ;)

in my opinion its not a good deal because we dont know all the details.

what cut do you get? are you a direct distributor for solavei? or are you working under someone else?

is nikko his own agent? or does he report to someone? (i.e.-make them money)

its also not a good deal for his potential clients who might have been reeled in with false promises of growing the sport of disc golf. i, and many others, recognized the language in nikko's press release. i immediately thought of amway and MLM type businesses. others might not have caught that.

and what insurance can nikko give his potential clients if they were to sign on? what happens if there isnt coverage in their area with this new mobile plan? what happens if they buy in and the company folds? can nikko refund their money?

okay i'm here.. they'll landfill it now. if not here's a little help...

guy trying to push his **** on us so you can get rich.. go **** yourself.

nikko for trying to push this off as some advancement of the game so you can make some extra cash.. go **** yourself.

T-mobile offers the same deal themselves. $50 for unlimited everything, so long as you aren't in a contract.

Sounds like this isn't so revolutionary!

The customer service will likely be horrendous...I know it was for Ambit Energy that tried to rope me into a MLM scheme.

Better off buying forever stamps.....

nikko for trying to push this off as some advancement of the game so you can make some extra cash.. go **** yourself.

-" You were thinking it!"

-"but you said it!"

Here is my question about this: Lets say you pay the $49 a month for service. Do you have any other up front costs or do you just recruit people and make money like that.If thats the case it is not a true pyramid scheme but I dont see you making any real money from it.

This may have been answered and i just missed it so please excuse if so.

Nikko could have at least been honest and told us what the dealer told Clark towards the end of this clip

Well said Sir! :hfive:

Subjectivity is a powerful tool.

If you believe, oh so believe...

Faith has us buying into religion.
Then there's addiction.

In this case, technology.
It appears we all need a carrier, be it wireless or landline

Along comes another brick in the wall

Bottom up approach.

Wish it was top down

If a carrier decided to sponsor pdga or several well known playes to represent.. Then hmm..

But having an individual asking us to use their plan, their idea, their services and take our dime - there's a reason why history shows that this does not succeed unless you prey on the weak and needy.

Gambling with other people's $ to get ahead of the curve is tasteless as evidenced by the numerous requests for Landfill in a disc golf forum.

Virgin Mobile is $55 for unlimited everything, and at least around here, WAY better coverage than T-Mobile. (I have been on Virgin for 2 years)
Straight Talk out of WalMart is $45 for unlimited everything, and they are on Verizon and AT&T's towers depending on which device you have.

Nothing revolutionary at all about this new company.

Virgin Mobile is $55 for unlimited everything, and at least around here, WAY better coverage than T-Mobile. (I have been on Virgin for 2 years)
Straight Talk out of WalMart is $45 for unlimited everything, and they are on Verizon and AT&T's towers depending on which device you have.

Nothing revolutionary at all about this new company.

true

also cricket wireless with plans starting at 50$ for unlimited everything and 1gb full speed data.

This seems like one of those things you would see at the malls at the many kiosks that sell outrageous things.

I was on Virgin for a very long time, but the network just wasn't that good for me. On Verizon now--luckily the company I work for was able to negotiate a discount.

I think the problem is that he is being lofty with his words about "growing the sport of disc golf" etc and just putting money is his pocket. The way he presented this whole thing led no one to believe that it was going to be a pyramid scheme. He was talking about it like it was going to be some sort of charity. I thought this guy was passionate but now I just know that he is a weak sales man full of bs. Dont mistake him for being naive because if you listen to disc golf talk radio his recent interview on there was just him leading the conversation the whole time to talk about arroyo disc sports and some other video production company that are his sponsors. He wouldnt even let them steer the interview at all he just kept repeating himself over and over again. Guy proved to be downright slimy. Too bad. Def not a fan now :confused:

Not much to add myself, above sums it up pretty well for me. There are a lot of ways Nikko could have used his fame and popularity to help grow the sport, this was not one of them. Feels more like someone taking advantage of their fans and followers to me. No thanks. :thmbdown:

Nikko is young. He probably hasn't seen this kind of marketing before. You have to be a mega salesman to make any money off of it and all you end up doing is bugging the crap out of your friends. It may not be technically a pyramid scheme but it seems to work in a similar way like Amway or Avon: sign up more people under you so you can make more money and it passes up the line. it is embarrassing for the sport that our pros end up doing this kind of thing for money because they aren't paid like other professional athletes. Hopefully this will be forgotten. I pay something like $50 a month for Virgin Mobile with unlimited everything and I live in the city so I get great coverage. There isn't much of a secret to promoting our wonderful sport besides actually PROMOTING THE SPORT. Introduce it people in a nice way, especially young folks, and it will continue to grow.

To be honest, this is kind of how Prodigy disc golf comes across to me. Or how there business is structured. Now I am not saying they are a true ponzi scheme. What I am saying is that it seems like they legally use some of the principals.

*Getting the top athletes to recruit more
*Hyping it up and trying to sell it to everyone
*Certain cuts of the profits

I am not going to pretend to know the particulars, but the whole prodigy thing kind of seemed like a pyramid scheme to me before this happened. And I am wondering if it just desensitized nikko to the whole idea. As a gateway drug to this teamdiskmobile. I honestly think he is strung out and trying anything and everything he can to help disc golf, and that because of prodigy this did not seem like a bad idea. Just my $.02.

I agree with this. There's something not quite right about this whole Prodigy thing. All the talk about changing the sport and whatnot... all these guys care about is finding a way to get paid. They seem to have a sense of entitlement that I find irritating. Their idea of growing the sport is that they, the perceived top touring players, get to make as much as pros in other sports. How the hell does that impact the average player? It doesn't.

I would respect them more if they just straight up said that they wanted to start their own company in order to have more control and to make more $$$, but the fact that they're tossing in all of this bull**** about growing the sport and trying to get people to buy into that idea as a marketing tool just pisses me off. Nikko's situation is a prime example of this... it's a con. Shut up already.

The funny thing is, my respect for Paul McBeth has grown immensely as a result of everything that's happened in the past couple of months. I would be more likely to support him by buying one of his sig discs than I would be to buy into the Prodigy "better than CE early release technology longer destroyer" hype...

The funny thing is, my respect for Paul McBeth has grown immensely as a result of everything that's happened in the past couple of months. I would be more likely to support him by buying one of his sig discs than I would be to buy into the Prodigy "better than CE early release technology longer destroyer" hype...

And MJ and McCabe, too. Yes, McCabe left Discraft, but it was because of loyalty and a personal relationship with the folks at DD, and that's imminently respectable.

Status
Not open for further replies.