• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Technical driving question.

rikardob

Eagle Member
How do you drive and which one is closest to the correct form?

1_29_03_09_5_18_17.jpg

I can't read those pictures man, I just dropped some acid. No but seriously, A-ish is how I drive. Correct form? IDK but different strokes for different folks.

The shoulders aren't correct in any of those pictures. You should be more square to the target at the hit. What's important with the pull through is that the disc is pulled close to your chest and that there is a "chopping" movement with the elbow. It's easiest to get snap when you lead with your elbow rather than shoulder as well.

My old lady doesn't play much. I just asked her to stand in the general pose. The important thing is the disc's path before it leaves the hand. I know how to x step and approach.

Of the options you've shown, 'A' looks most correct.

Straight is best

Picture A is generally accepted as the best of the 4 choices you provided; however, the most important thing is that you pull straight across the chest as in pictures A and B. I have a friend who throws like pictures C and D, and he has a huge problem with his throws going right almost every time (right hand back hand). If you continue the arrow through the disc in pictures C and D you will see that it points to the right, which is where the disc is going to go. So if you want the disc to go straight, you need to pull it along a straight path toward the direction you want it to go.

I would says none of the above since I throw side arm.. That's a joke and I hate when people are seriously like that. No, answer is "A" when I do crank out my backhand.

Seems like the consensus here is that A is the correct way to do it, but how realistic is it to have the disc go that straight as you pull through? I would also agree that A is correct though at first to the beginner it seems that something else might be correct. In the end it all comes down to the snap and getting the disc with snap pointed in the right direction.

Not that there needs to be anything more said about this, as everyone on here seems to be favoring A, but I was playing with some of the local pros at La Mirada yesterday and they were all about trying to figure out how to bring the disc through straighter. This is the way to increase distance along with all the other technique things. By the way, these guys are throwing discs over 500'.

"A" is the correct choice. A good way to visualize the correct motion is to imagine yourself trying to start a gas lawnmower...imagine pulling that cord straight across your chest.

b. shoulder turn in the back swing will give you more range of motion= more distance. you must however pull straight through to avoid yanking your disc wide of the target.

So what is the best way for a woman to throw? As you can see on the pictures, form A goes straight through a boob.