• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Tee bird vs. TL

Tee bird vs. TL

• Tee bird

Votes: 102 67.1%
  • TL

Votes: 50 32.9%

• Total voters

Catfishmac

Which do you prefer? I've never thrown a tee bird but because of its popularity I'm thinking of picking one up. I've been throwing the TL since it first came out and it's one of my go to discs for sure. My main question is: if the TL is a longer, straighter tee bird, why would you rather throw the bird?

I've never thrown a TL, but the teebird should have more fade and hold up better in a head wind.

My main question is: if the TL is a longer, straighter tee bird, why would you rather throw the bird?

because you need a more stable disc to fight wind, or you need one that finishes left? Just a couple of the many possible reasons.

Love 'em both. As I got better with form and accuracy, I started using heavier champ Leopards more than the TL (really similar flights). Neither of them will handle drives in heavier winds without turning too much or flipping....Teebird won't do that. You can lay lots of power on a Teebird and it's still going to go straight with a little fade...it's dependable.

At first, you may lose distance with a Teebird compared to what you might be used to with your TL, depending on the Teebird you get. It's a disc that should be in everyone's bag and there's not a same-speed fairway disc that offers exactly what the Teebird does. That said, a lot of people push mids out to fairway distances and their bags skip over the fairway slot for the most part, jumping up to shorter distance drivers instead.

I use both. Tbird when I need a little guarenteed fade, TL when fairway is tighter. Both are workhorse disc for me and like (Buzz-Rock) extremely consistant.

Which do you prefer? I've never thrown a tee bird but because of its popularity I'm thinking of picking one up. I've been throwing the TL since it first came out and it's one of my go to discs for sure. My main question is: if the TL is a longer, straighter tee bird, why would you rather throw the bird?

Because it is more overstable. They compliment each other perfectly. Not all discs need to go straight. Tbird has a perfect amount of fade.

I carry both in Star. A Star Teebird is really quite a stable disc, and stays that way for a long, long time. Its a great wind fighter. But the TL isn't too bad in the wind (far better than something like a roadrunner or sidewinder) and resists high speed turn so well without much of a low speed fade that it's great for straight shots where you need more distance than a buzz or broken in roc can get you. It makes for a nice straight roller and does beautiful anhyzer lines too.

The TL is my go to driver since I do not throw high speed discs, but the Teebird is when I need to fade, fight wind, S curve. It is very versitile.

Haven't messed with the TL much, but...

I have no trouble getting my teebird to fly straight, and when I want to go longer, I use a wraith. In my experience, the wraith will fly very similar lines to the teebird, but 30+ ft longer. Because of this, I didn't see where the TL would fit in my bag.

I like the teebird (and wraith) because:

1. Keeping it low and giving a little hyzer-flip produces straight lines.

2. A flat throw with a little more height will fade predictably at the end.

3. It will hold a nice hyzer line without crashing out early.

4. Pretty much zero turn from the teebird, and only a slight amount from the wraith, unless I release poorly.

5. Will stand up to a medium headwind quite well.

6. It will hold an anhyzer quite well, as long as you get it spinning. It doesn't turn and burn like my roadrunner is prone to, especially on a hard anny line.

I keep both in my bag. Love a beat TL for a nice long turnover. Teebird is nice for wind, and a predictable flight. As I have started throwing farther, the teebird is flying straighter.

teebird is more reliable in the wind and can handle more power, backhand and forehand.

i like the tl because it can both shape and hold lines well, especially with tight fairways. maybe a little more touchy with more power. but if you learn it, you can make it fade, go straight, turn over, etc. if the wind picks up, a teebird is the perfect tl replacement.

the old glo tls are pretty darn stable, though. almost a teebird.

I have never been able to decide! I hadn't thrown either in years but when I got my Vibram Trak it instantly felt familiar and "right" in the hand. I thought it was somewhere in the middle until I picked up an Ascent which really feels like a TB to me. In a pinch I'd probably say I love the TL a little more but if it's windy I'll go for the Bird.

My fairways

Glow TB- Incredibly stable headwind disc, or if I need a strong fade
Champ CFR TL- Still stable to overly stable, good glide.
Beaten up star TL- Stable to understable, perfect for slight turnovers and tailwind

I might need to start putting a little less into my star TL. I've only thrown it a dozen times or so because I always get is to turnover too far. I have been using a Nuke SS for turnover shots lately and I don't throw it too hard as well, go figure.

I retract my endorsement of CFR Champ TL's. I don't need more people scooping up discs I want.