• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tee Signs

Lazerface

Eagle Member
That's a lot of good information in a graphic. Even the profile of the elevation changes. I have never seen that before. I'm guessing it was a pro job.

Those are about as good as I've seen anywhere. Course page lists the course designers were: Joe Hine, Noah Guthrie, Rodney Pressley, Mitch Hoeppner. You dig around to see if you can contact one of them and ask.

Wow, those are sweet! They'd be in running of my all time favorites (Taylor, Tocobago and Rollin Ridge.) The elevation diagram at the bottom is something I've never seen before. Its shocking that the designer didn't scratch his/her name in there somewhere.

Clicked on this course that was under the recent reviews on the home page and saw these tee signs. I know nothing about the course, but these are some of the best signs I've seen. Anyone know if they were done by a company/paid designer or where they come from?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=9737&mode=media&start=15&page=1&cimg=188174#

Post the answer when you get it. I'll give them some business! I guess it's too soon to tell if they fade or not

Those are great signs. Very informative.

Pictures of them are not what should be uploaded to a course's gallery page though.

the elevation profile is awesome! those are definitely the best i've seen

Playsitforward.com

Was looking on the Innova disc web page the other day under course design. on page 13 they list a company that is called Playsitforward.com They make course signs with the QS codes imbedded in them. so you can use your smart phone and access data about who sponsors that hole. when i saw the qs code on the sign is what made me think it was that company that did it. not 100% sure but would be a good place to start.

Attachments

• Logan Test.jpg
    Logan Test.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Carrollton Test.jpg
    Carrollton Test.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 47
I like the design so much I decided to use a similar style for two upcoming projects....:hfive:

WAIT HOLD UP! If your doing signs like this at Logan and Carrolton you got me pumped! These look really good. Nice work! Nice to see the Tommy and Zack sponsorship on hole 5 too! I don't have Facebook - is there some sort of fundraiser for tee signs I don't know about? PM me if you have any details or a FB link (I can use my wife's).

Last edited:
So these tee signs at Mayflower were designed by the Roanoke Parks Department's Marketing/Business Coordinator. I emailed the Roanoke Parks Dept and this was the response from the Assistant Director of Parks:

"Thank you for your comments on our new course. The course design and map layout was developed by the Roanoke Disc Golf Club, who partnered with us to build the course along with many other volunteers. The tee box signs were designed by our Marketing/Business Coordinator. I agree that he is an extremely talented individual."

I only hope he'll contract some work out to other courses!

Sorry I'm Just Seeing This

Hey all,

I haven't been overly active on these forums in a while, but saw this and thought I'd reply.

I'm one of the designers- Joe Hine- and I worked with one of the Roanoke County Parks members to create these. The Roanoke County email is a bit misleading. The individual they are talking about is talented, but the final product was a true collaboration. He developed the compass look in the background, and also had the idea to add the QR codes (which is an awesome feature!)

I hand sketched all of the holes (down to the individual trees). I also plotted the elevation profiles based on my knowledge of the course (since I helped lay all of them out) and using a simple graphing formula. The elevation profiles are approximations though, meant only to provide a general idea of how the hole plays.

As for the maps- once I had them sketched, I uploaded them to jpeg files. The county uses an Adobe product called InDesign (a vector program for making graphic maps) which I wasn't as familiar with, so he "drove" the program. We systematically uploaded the maps I drew, then he dropped art over top of them (for both the maps and the profiles). All distances, pars, and other info were added through this process using gps info gathered by one of the other designers, including elevation for each tee/pin.

Another advantage to having been part of the design (much like John Houck does with his signs) is we could show "intended" flight paths and landing zones.

I feel these are the best signs I have seen.
They should be the new GOLD standard for tee signs.

Everything is there AND the elevation profile (including all 3 tees and all basket positions) is an excellent addition.

Excellent job!! You could have a side hustle there!! :clap::clap:

I feel these are the best signs I have seen.
They should be the new GOLD standard for tee signs.

Everything is there AND the elevation profile (including all 3 tees and all basket positions) is an excellent addition.

Excellent job!! You could have a side hustle there!! :clap::clap:

Thanks man, you're too kind. I can't take all the credit though. Like I said, it was definitely a collaboration. And while the Parks and Rec worker did add to the value with the QR codes and the background graphics, I also don't believe he enjoyed the map making process very much LOL. My perfectionism got on his nerves. I think the only reason we were able to churn out such incredible signs was because we designed the course and had VERY intimate knowledge of the property. To pull this off again, we'd have to spend a good bit of time walking the course, which isn't always possible. BUT, that doesn't mean I'm not open to the idea.