• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Teebird / Eagle-x

Nice Drive Kid

Eagle Member
Quick question, probably been answered countless times before but I don't care. Just need a yes or no.

I've been flipping my Teebird on my flicks. Is an Eagle-x significantly more overstable than a Teebird? Let's say we're talking Champ plastic.

Also, check out the # of posts. SCORE!

good number of posts. bad attitude.

whats a flick? (im assuming sidearm)

it's the OAT monster I knows it

oatmonster.jpg

zealot said:
good number of posts. bad attitude.

whats a flick? (im assuming sidearm)

it's the OAT monster I knows it

oatmonster.jpg

Oh most definitely. There's absolutely something wrong with my form, I came back from a week of playing Ultimate and completely lost my sidearm. I'm sort of just looking for a quick fix for some fast approaching tournaments because I won't be able to log much practice time in the meantime.

it might help to just drop the wing down hyzer a little more so that if you overtorque the disc a little it won't turn all the way over.. remember to start your pull through very slow and accelerate, that way you can keep the torque on-axis and smooth

It seems like I can't get the magic angle that will make it do what it was doing before that week of Ultimate. I've also noticed that I'm letting the disc roll off my middle finger, something I do with lids. Bottom line: don't play Ultimate during team challenge season.

OAT problems aside, is the Eagle-x more overstable than a Teebird or are they pretty much the same disc? Marshall Street has the Eagle (I'm assuming "Eagle" on their flight chart means the X mold) more overstable than a Teebird, but I've heard they're relatively interchangeable.

i think the SEX has a touch more turn than a teebird and a touch more fade in my experience. i love it for annies that really flex back, it drills that line. i would suggest throwing a more stable disc for sidearm driving b/c throwing that way generates a very large amount of torque, and it's easier to control something more stable imo

2 more cents..

If both are champion very little difference in stability. If you're just flipping everything I really doubt a disc change will give you more success/accuracy/scoring in a tournament.

Clearly working out the technique issue is the solution--bring all your drivers to a field and keep flicking until you can throw straight. If that doesn't work just throw backhand?

nice drive kid said:
It seems like I can't get the magic angle that will make it do what it was doing before that week of Ultimate. I've also noticed that I'm letting the disc roll off my middle finger, something I do with lids. Bottom line: don't play Ultimate during team challenge season.

OAT problems aside, is the Eagle-x more overstable than a Teebird or are they pretty much the same disc? Marshall Street has the Eagle (I'm assuming "Eagle" on their flight chart means the X mold) more overstable than a Teebird, but I've heard they're relatively interchangeable.

I'd just stick with that teebird. You had been throwing it well. Maybee a newer heavier version. Don't press about the Team Challenge either it's your first season. Anyway our next match is ONLY against the Frizzaks :lol:

Eagle X's definitely have more turn to them than Teebirds do.

As long as you have a hyzer release, either one should work just fine for flicks.

nice drive kid said:
Marshall Street has the Eagle (I'm assuming "Eagle" on their flight chart means the X mold) more overstable than a Teebird, but I've heard they're relatively interchangeable.

just wanted to say that we would've put them on top of each other, but that's impossible. So one had to go to the right, and one had to go to the left.

champ eagle-x's are nearly as high speed stable but moderately more low speed overstable as a champ teebird.

champ eagle-x's are also lower profile and penetrate faster.

in all other plastics eagle-x's are basically more turn more fade than a teebird in the same plastic, but champ is the anomoly.