• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Teebird?? Viper?? Banshee??

I use an Eagle X for my overstable needs. It handles pretty solid head winds with out any problems. For uber windy days, it's my FL. The Banshee is nice, but lacks the legs I wanted. Another one that you don't hear much about is the Monster. It is one overstable pig! If you want something longer the Lat 64 Blitz is pretty nice.

All good suggestions... Champ Teebird, Champ Eagle-X, Banshee. I would say I listed those in least to most overstable order. I just got a brand new 175g Champ Banshee and it's a straight-up overstable hog.

Out of what you listed I'll vote for the Banshee. Eagles might be somewhat more overstable than the Teebirds when new but the HSS tends to beat out of them. Most of the differences you'd see between the Eagle and Teebird when new can be compensated for when you throw. The Banshee is a few notches more overstable than the Teebird and will be different enough that it will be more obvious as to when you should throw it.

You guys haven't thrown a good, beefy Eagle apparently. They handle headwinds just as well as TBs IMO. If you do go the Champ Teebird route, look for flat with a high PLH. :thmbup:

PS, Viper is more of a midrange than a driver per se. Innova's chart lies.

maybe my eagle isn't that beefy. it's got a hard fade, but if I throw it into a fairly strong headwind, it will flip and fight to come back (start flattening out again), but instead of coming back, it just goes really far right.

it would be sweet if a beefy eagle kicked out my banshee

*TL is becoming my favorite fairway disc. Banshee's are nice to have for a hard dogleg shot, and they make a great thumber disc too.

If your going to go Banshee you might as well take it one step farther and go Firebird. Not much difference except the Firebird is even more stable.

Latest posts