• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Tell me about the Ascent

i carry 2 ascents a 173 m qnd a 152 m I use the heavy one for wind shots and fh and the light one for thumbers.

I've got a firm ascent I'm working back in the bag with great success. I was thinking about pairing it up with a medium, but I didn't see too much chatter about them specifically. Anyone throw them? Am I correct in assuming they're more overstable and less likely to beat in?

I throw the ascent and i love it. picked up a 169M and it is overstable. i have another 174M ascent that is stable to understable. I love them both. I use the 174 for straight shots to slow anhyzer shots. I use the new 169 to be straight shots to hyzer shots.

in general for my experience the firm start off more over stable then the medium but the firm beat in faster.

A soft Ascent has become my go-to approach disc because I can either thumb or flick it & generally it will just hit & stick.

A soft Ascent has become my go-to approach disc because I can either thumb or flick it & generally it will just hit & stick.

Yeah, that's exactly why I was interested in pairing it up with my firm. I love the hit and stick I get with my medium VP and I'm looking to recreate that same magic.

This is my current thrower

8835604324_2a0a9c75cc_m.jpg

They did one run of these Woodies back before they figured out the Ascent flight #''s.

Its not the best colors for most disc golf courses, but I seem to be able to find it easier than the one it replaced, which was that pink and purple swirly type that looks like a womens downstairs parts.
I really like the way these look, so if you peeps see any more from this run, let me know.

I carry 2 Ascents. They are my #1 approach disc as well as my dedicated driver on wooded tunnel shots. Mine go straight as an arrow with minimal fade.
Love this disc!

When I absolutely need a disc to fade out for me, I grab the Ascent - it was what I thought the Banshee would be, although I have only thrown the latter in DX.

I had that same wood grained 1st run ascent. I love the looks of them but couldn't find it in the middle of the fairway...camouflage. I traded it a couple months ago.

Ascent 174 is my goto FW driver in the wind. RHBH throws on dog leg left setups that range out around 300 feet this disc does me well. Great sidearm disc too very predictable flight.

I carried an Ascent for awhile and I had it dialed in. A little turn, strong fade, it was in the 150's, early run. Then it went into a tree and stayed there for almost a year before she ended up in the lost bin. She didn't change, but I did.

Anybody ever throw a 150 class Ascent?

I was wondering if it had the same stability and wind fighting ability as a 170 gram one.

I've thrown a 163g Ascent. It kept its over stability for about a half a year before it started to wear straight.

Anybody ever throw a 150 class Ascent?

I was wondering if it had the same stability and wind fighting ability as a 170 gram one.

I'd say they're pretty similar. Both my 156 and 171 Firms started beefy, but got straighter after a month or two. I was actually pleasantly surprised how well the 156 did. I'm not sure I'd feel too comfy with either if the wind was more than a gentle gust though.

If I had to go with one over the other I'd give the nod to a heavier Ascent, they're a lot easier to find and replace when you want a fresh beefier Ascent.