• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Tell me about your cycles

Yep and evo and a soft right now. Evo is for flex shots and hyzers. Soft is for hyzer flip straight to fade shots.

Right on man, I'm all about the prophecy right now, nothing I can't handle with that disc. I'm thinking soon about getting a demon or Gila to bookend my prophecy cycle with, just in case but really I think my diamond can handle it as I continue to learn it.

I run two cycles kinda it's always changing some more I play with disc I have..
Rocs..
Star rancho been my os roc since day one.
KC roc slight beat in runs straight to fade
KC roc fairly beat straight to turnover forward fade
KC roc 152g hyzerflip to turnover

Teebirds
Star teebird os almost firebird os but more distance
Gstar teebird straight to gentle fade
Dx teebird hyzerflip to gentle fade
Dx teebird hyzerflip to straight forward finish very little fade
Pro TL turnover no fade

My os mid right now is a Amber Gila. It has the right os that non of my fresh rocs have but not as much as a Gator and controllable. Bout to start a cycle of Gilas gonna be hard to let my rocs go but gonna try to

Right on man, I'm all about the prophecy right now, nothing I can't handle with that disc. I'm thinking soon about getting a demon or Gila to bookend my prophecy cycle with, just in case but really I think my diamond can handle it as I continue to learn it.

I just started throwing my prophecy and it is really nice, it is much straighter than I expected

I just started throwing my prophecy and it is really nice, it is much straighter than I expected

I like throwing mids the best and this is the one for me. I'm ordering 20 more so I can keep the cycle going and make sure I've got that same exact plastic for a long time to come.

Right now I'm really digging the explorer I have a SE explorer that's beating in nicely to fill an under stable role, paired with 2 Opto's one that has a decent dome to it as the other one it a bit flatter. I have a gold line Explorer on the way and am really excited for the moonshine explorer to be released to see where that fits in.

What are you talking about Gold Explorer?

The Explorer is also my latest cycle, as you say the Gold-x beats in to a more controllable River rather fast while the Opto starts out really stable.
I lost my almost-River-Explorer on a 800' downhill bomb, a bit too much hyzer and the wind stole my go-to... Now i'm ending up loving my 178g River again haha.
Soon i'll have a driver setup out of 3 Explorer, 3 Flow & a utility OS Spark.

What are you talking about Gold Explorer?

The Explorer is also my latest cycle, as you say the Gold-x beats in to a more controllable River rather fast while the Opto starts out really stable.
I lost my almost-River-Explorer on a 800' downhill bomb, a bit too much hyzer and the wind stole my go-to... Now i'm ending up loving my 178g River again haha.
Soon i'll have a driver setup out of 3 Explorer, 3 Flow & a utility OS Spark.
The dynamic disc match play players pack comes with a gold Line Explorer and a fuzion maverick. I actually just got it to day it feels so good in the hand very grippy.

So I know I mentioned my predator and comet cycles already, but now that I have outlaws back in the bag I'll spend a few seconds talking about those also.

I currently carry 3 -
1. 174 1R Pinnacle Outlaw. This is the most overstable of the group. Has a little high speed turn but won't flip and finishes dependably into a headwind. I have an exact backup of this disc waiting in the wings, and a couple of higher PLH 2Rs also that would be able to rotate right in if it gets too understable.
2. 168 2R Pinnacle Outlaw. This is my main controlled distance driver. Lots of glide and has enough turn to stretch it out pretty far.
3. 167 2R Pinnacle Outlaw. This is my main max distance driver. Didn't have it in the bag over the winter because it's white :\ but it's got some decent turn to it but also enough fade to dependably hyzer flip - and it's one of the few discs I can actually throw on a good distance line. Also great for super long left to right shots.

I've got several 2R pinnacle outlaws waiting to be rotated in at any time. Haven't thrown the 3Rs yet, but the clear pinnacle plastic outlaw I have is more like an xcaliber so I better stock up, if I can, on the ones I like.

Whaaat! :)
How's PLH and dome compared to Opto or Gold-x?
It's very similar to my flatter Opto Explorer in PLH and dome the gold X is definitely lower PLH but not by much. Haven't gotten a chance to throw it yet probably go out Sunday.

Latest posts