• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Tell me about your Stag...

Qikly

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
...Please! I'm waiting for the dust to settle so that I can find optimum weights/colors/prices for these, but in the meantime, I'd love to hear people's thoughts and comparisons without having to wade through the preexisting, more general threads.

Can't wait to try one of these puppies!

i would like to know how it works as a utility disc. i was thinking of picking up champ banshee for wind, forehands and overhands but should i give the stag a try instead?

i would like to know how it works as a utility disc. i was thinking of picking up champ banshee for wind, forehands and overhands but should i give the stag a try instead?

I had wondered about this myself. I use Banshees currently, but feel like they're a lot more work to get distance out of than my Rivers. It'd be great to have something equally glidey/easy for that spot, but I had wondered how the glide affect its handling of the wind.

From what i hear, its going to have a real straight flight with good fade at the end. A banshee will be much more overstable. From what it sounded like to me flight pattern wise is a Z Avenger. Im expecting 340' of amazing straight glide into a good reliable fade out to 370', with little to no turn from the harder rips. I picked up a 171g vip in bright pink from DGC for $18 and free shipping. Will be here middle of the week!

Would love for it to be a true 0 turn / 3 fade. Right now, I carry an Eagle and a Trident to cover the shots that if the flight ratings are accurate for the Stag, that it could cover by itself. Do want. Tell me your secrets.

I reviewed all 3 on Reddit today, here's for my 170g VIP Stag;

"Stag - The $$$ of the bunch. Man, what can I say about this thing. I got it in VIP plastic because they tend to hold the stability longer, and that's good, because this disc is exactly as advertised. Nice and straight and will fight wind, then a nice amount of overstable fade at the end of the flight. I just took it out today for the first time, and it's already my longest disc. STAG."

heres one...

I have 2x VIP's...

174g Orange
171 Diamon Red (regular red?) :p

So my comparison will be against my orange 173g Teebird... and all I can say... its the same **** for me except you get more glide with the stag... nothing more, nothing less. It's an excellent straight glider for weaker arms that need that extra length.

I threw it a couple of times in in 20-25mph headwind (around 10m/s) and it was all over the place for my 400ft forehand... but then again... so is the teebird.

My best explenation, to not complicate things... It's like a teebird with extra glide... out of the box, I think it has a tad more turn for powerful throwers. Less power, you wont see a difference.

that's a reasonable explanation

it is a speed 8 disc with a lot of glide
in TP it might have -.5 of turn but I don't have my TPs yet

I can get my 172 VIP tester to flip up to flat quite nicely in a headwind

I don't think it will knock off PDs but it is better than a Teebird
similar fade, more glide, similar HSS

it is a great hyzer fairway driver and line shaper

haha, awesome
great player

edit: in VIP and TP combo it could knock both TBs and Eagles out of the bag

How about we get a review from an honest player with 300-320 feet of power?

And I don't need a glidey Teebird...I like the Teebirds I have right now. But I knew what I was getting into when I ordered these LOL....can't wait to get mine!

FYI... my "review" is not ment to say that i threw a the Stag 400ft... just that it was "all over the place" (turn-and burn and etc) when I threw it as hard as I could... and i throw around 380 - 420ft.

Based on other posts by Andy I don't think his post was at all directed at you mance. He's just looking for a very average player, who will admit they are very average, to comment on the Stag. Of course I could be wrong. He could be booking a flight to Sweden as I type to hunt you down and give you a wet willie.

Last edited:
in TP it might have -.5 of turn but I don't have my TPs yet

I'd be curious to hear some feedback on this statement. I like a little turn to my OS fairways, so that would be a nice characteristic if it were true.