• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tell me what's wrong with Driver selection; and be as brutal as you want.

Stetz1010

Eagle Member
Okay - so - I've been learning this game on my own mostly for the past 3 years or so, and I guess I'de appreciate some input on what I should keep in, take out or try out; for reference I throw my Bosses (main D Drivers) between 400-430 on a golf line. So, here's whats in my bag now;

3 Teebirds (OS/Stable/Flippy)
2 Cannons (use for big flex shots)
1 Boss (Overstable)
1 Z-Flash (Understable)
1 * Vulcan (US/Flex shots)

I just got a GL River and a Pinnacle Rampage that I'm gonna try out the next few rounds. I guess I'de like to know as well what kind of gaps I'm leaving in my bag, and what I should/could fill them with. If there's any info you from me so you can better analyze my bag let me know. and thanks.

Not ragging just curious. Why do you carry 3 teebirds and 2 cannons but only one boss if it's your main distance driver?

Because I only use the boss on a few holes - In general I throw my TB's more - I'de say 75-80% of the time. I'll try another approach;

From what I provided build me a complete "Driver" bag either completely replacing or building upon my current selection.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Are you looking for something similar stability wise to the boss or a little less stable than it? The rampage may replace your boss once you throw it.

I always thought the Flash was overstable, maybe yours is beat in. Maybe put in some lower speed drivers. Seems like you go from the to the Teebird, speed 7, then jump up to the Boss, speed 13, and Cannon, speed 14.

I always thought the Flash was overstable, maybe yours is beat in. Maybe put in some lower speed drivers. Seems like you go from the to the Teebird, speed 7, then jump up to the Boss, speed 13, and Cannon, speed 14.

This. Maybe try something around the 9-11 speed range. I've got some seasoned Valkyries & Orcs that throw quite often

you can find your own gaps by finding out what kinds of shots you cant throw or what lines you cant hit. idgi.

Star PD. /thread.

If you like teebirds youll love it. its like a faster teebird/eage depending on plastic. Great glide, great speed.

Everything else looks good. Maybe get a few more bosses. Beat them into different wears?
Thats what I do with my destroyers, so I know how they will relase every single time but one is flippy, one is pretty straight-stable and one overstable for headwind or long hyzers.

Okay - so - I've been learning this game on my own mostly for the past 3 years or so, and I guess I'de appreciate some input on what I should keep in, take out or try out; for reference I throw my Bosses (main D Drivers) between 400-430 on a golf line. So, here's whats in my bag now;

3 Teebirds (OS/Stable/Flippy)
2 Cannons (use for big flex shots)
1 Boss (Overstable)
1 Z-Flash (Understable)
1 * Vulcan (US/Flex shots)

I just got a GL River and a Pinnacle Rampage that I'm gonna try out the next few rounds. I guess I'de like to know as well what kind of gaps I'm leaving in my bag, and what I should/could fill them with. If there's any info you from me so you can better analyze my bag let me know. and thanks.

Generally speaking, you want a understable, stable, and overstable disc. Personally, I put Teebirds in the fairway driver category, and I use a Westside Sword as my stable distance driver, you would be surprised how similar the Sword and the Teebird fly.

Cannons are varied, some are more or less stable than others. You sound confident with the Boss mold, so I would stick more with that, though I am totally for experimenting with drivers and the Cannon has a lot of potential, so I am moot there.

I am not familiar with the Flash, but I assume it is more controllable than the Vulcan. My fairway understable is a River, and I hope you get good results with it, so you can carry it for control, and just keep the Vulcan for long distance turnovers and rollers.

my 2 cents

Thanks for the input fella's - I'm going to try an grab a couple PD's and Swords and give them a go.