• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tell us about a bad experience

My last round out I threw two discs into the middle of the same pond. On two seperate holes. The first time I gave it too much loft and it hyzered straight into it. The second time coming back down the fairway on the opposite side of the pond I griplocked and sent the disc hard right almost to the exact same spot in the pond.

Thanks fully they were both DX that I had gotten as a gift, but I was still pretty bummed. That pond now has 3/4 of my lost discs in it.

I had a complete meltdown on the Final 9 of my most recent tournament. My doubles partner wanted to choke me by the time we got done.

I was playing Tom Pearce with my brother a few years back. My drive goes into a tree and gets stuck in branches. My brother starts shaking the tree to dislodge the disc and I'm looking up trying to see the thing. Well wouldn't you know it, the disc drops straight down onto my face and splits my upper lip. So then my brother drives me to the ER while I'm trying not to black out and also not bleed all over the cab of his new Ford truck.
Not my finest hour.

I was playing Tom Pearce with my brother a few years back. My drive goes into a tree and gets stuck in branches. My brother starts shaking the tree to dislodge the disc and I'm looking up trying to see the thing. Well wouldn't you know it, the disc drops straight down onto my face and splits my upper lip. So then my brother drives me to the ER while I'm trying not to black out and also not bleed all over the cab of his new Ford truck.
Not my finest hour.

How heavy was that disc? (Musta been a Groove)

My worst experiences, which keep happening, are when I teach new players the game and they drive my discs right into trees.
I cringe, they see me, I have to convince them that there are not parts of me dying inside. They're just discs, and it's just money, and it's just a test of my inner peace.

make them throw their own disc or you need to get a stack of DX

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

Had a kidney stone event, peed blood all week, and had the flu all week. Went to play the weekly tag round on Sunday morning still coughing...

No snap on my drives. Went out of bounds 4 times. Missed gimme putts. I did have 3 birdies. :)

Shot +7 and went from #1 to #33 (out of 34). Worst day ever.

But I still got to throw high speed frisbees in the park, still had a good time. Would do it again.

Played a woodsy type hole: Shady Oaks, Hole 4 on long (~300 feet and to the right). Threw my Roadrunner on an anny and it was tracking right at the hole and then that branch pulled a Dikembe Mutombo and said: No no no no no. Unfortunately, my disc landed OB in the creek so I was about 50 feet out and whipped out my Champ Rhyno. Again, the Rhyno, this time, was tracking. I hear the chains getting tickled and thought I had saved par but walking up to the basket, my Rhyno rolled about 25 feet away and thus began my crappiest round to date.

The noobs that I brought along were a bunch of holes of the A variety. No respect, no etiquette, nothing. I had to apologize to the groups behind us for their lack of restraint on the course. Thus, that was the last time that I played with them.

Just happened to me on Wednesday. I was playing a round after work and I hurt myself in my right side after releasing an awkward drive. Instant 'oh man that didn't feel right'. Threw one more drive and couldn't finish the round. I've been really very sore since.

Hopefully I won't have to take too much time off, but I'm sitting out this weekend at least. If I was smart, I would probably sit out for a while.

It wasn't bad for me, or for my playing partner...it was rather enjoyable, after we knew that no serious damage or injury had occurred...a drunken equestrian falling off of his horse.

Late last year I played a course in my hometown in Ohio. Was teeing off and saw a woman walking her dog on the hole next to me. Dog dropped a massive deuce in the middle of the fairway and the woman didn't clean it up. I stared at her and she looked back at me with a shrug as if to say 'Hey, that's just how it is'. I felt gross about playing the rest of the round. Total prejudice here but I cringe every time I see a woman walking a dog anywhere near a disc golf course because they just don't like picking up after their animal.

I was walking down the fairway and stepped on something squishy. When I investigated it was a kitten. I had stepped on his head and torso and his intestines squirted out his little butt hole. He was still moving so I stomped on him to put him out of his misery. We buried him under a Cottonwood tree and think of the little fellow every time we play that hole. My 7 year old daughter who was with us was really shaken by the experience so we watched Old Yeller that evening to calm her down.

:|:confused::sick: ................................................:D:p:clap::thmbup::thmbup:

Lost the roc I started DG with on a restroom roof in Murphys, Ca, I looked at the roof and deduced that I couldn't get it back without bodily injury!

I went to start a round right as two girls came up to start one as well. they let me go first since i would've been quicker playing alone. nerves set in and my drive went right back into the parking lot. embarrassed, i let them play as i retrieved my disc and went straight back to the practice basket.

I think mine happened at club doubles last week. Drew a partner that I did't like from another experience with him. The guy did't shut up the entire round. And I'm all for being social on the course......But I also like some peace and quite for a few holes too. More so when I'm not playing my best and trying to work it out. I'm the kind of person thought that can play a whole round in almost complete silence save a few "good pull, good putt, good out" type talk and I'm happy.

I think I'm a bit different from most disc golfers in that way thought. Like if I'd had a few bad shots in a row I get quite and focus in on what I'm doing to try to get back into my rhythm. And the people I play with alway try to get me to talk when I do that not understanding it's just me and how I deal with a bad string of shots.

Played a course in Austin in the middle of August. We started the round mid-day with triple digit temps. I was way out of shape and didn't take enough water. Got to #12 and gave OUT! My buddy went to get his pick up truck, drove out onto the course and rescued my fat butt. I was close to heat stroke I'm sure.

You can imagine my excitement when opening the mailbox to find a new Undertaker . the first toss it was impaled by a tree branch stub . My death scream of Nooooooooo could be heard for miles .

Yellow Jackets.... Motivation not to yank it right into the woods though.

Latest posts