• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tennis Elbow Brace: Secret Weapon???

U_NICED_ME

* Ace Member *
Since I started having problems with my elbow, I was wearing a tennis elbow brace religiously on my forearm for the past 2 months; pretty far up on my arm close to my elbow joint. I noticed it kept me from bringing my arm close to my body on my pull through during rounds while I was rehabbing.

Now that my elbow is feeling better (via stretches and massage), I played today for the first time without it, I kid you not, my drives were a good 20-30 feet longer. I don't know if I started working my wrist more with my abbreviated form or developed greater forearm strength.

All I know, is there is a huge difference!!! Just thought I'd share. Maybe Brother Dave with his background of anthropological studies might know what's going on mechanically; but I am absolutely stunned at the difference in my distance.

Edit: BTW this is compared to distance before my elbow started hurting.

Last edited:
i use an elbow brace.
i've found that sidearm tends to aggravate my elbow the next day. I'm older so i realize the limitations of my own body. I havent noticed it add anything to my disc golf game other than i'm not achey the next day.

i also use a knee brace as i'm not 18 years old.

UNM, i bet that 20-30 feet will jump to 40-50 feet within a month. Wearing that brace reset your muscles and are now ready to be conditioned properly. Unlike first learning improper form and then trying to adapt to better form. Same reason why taking a long break after a slump can be very therepudic for your game. :D

You may have stumbled upon the DG equivalent!:p

Attachments

• rightLink_Product3.jpg
    rightLink_Product3.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 31