• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] test material vs retro plastic?

tu-f-o

Double Eagle Member
just wondering how these plastics match up, in terms of amount of float/lift when thrown?

also in terms of durability, grip, and feel.

Only threw 2 test material discs: Fuse and River. I didn't think they performed as well as Opto, GL, etc. Turned one over into a lake, and sold the other.

I think Retro is a much better take on baseline: performs much like DX, glidey, not terribly durable. Retro Saint and Prime Truth are the 2 best discs I've thrown in this plastic because they start out OS enough to still be useful after a tree hit or two. Fury and Claymore, not so much.

Both discs have very good grip, the TM2 is a bit softer and less durable with slightly better grip. I prefer the stiffness of the Retro. Flight wise they are very similar with the Retro being ever so slightly more stable/os.

The only way I would use either is for putt and approach.

edit - the reason I would only use them for P&A is that they are roughly as durable as DX, with the TM2 being softer than DX while not breaching R-Pro levels of soft.

Last edited:

Latest posts