• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Test run vs Gold

smook

Par Member
I have recently fell in love wiht my Test Run Material River by Lat64. It has been my go to understable disc for many months now. I am now worried that it soon might become to understable than my liking. I know there are a few places that sell test run material rivers but its not as common as gold line. I was wondering the difference between the test run rivers and the gold line rivers? Will it be a good replacement?

You'll likely have to beat up the GL River quite a bit before it hits the sweet spot you're looking for, but eventually it should serve the same purpose. Two logical courses of action: buy a GL River and a fresh TM River and work them both in or pursue a used GL River.

GL is great. All off mine seem to shed some initial stability before locking in on a flight. My River that was marked 168 scaled at 170, but flies like butter on turnover shots.

You'll likely have to beat up the GL River quite a bit before it hits the sweet spot you're looking for, but eventually it should serve the same purpose. Two logical courses of action: buy a GL River and a fresh TM River and work them both in or pursue a used GL River.

This is exactly what I did. My gold line flew more stable out of the box than the test material, but it wasn't anything a couple intentional tree hits didn't fix.

Buy a couple TM Rivers (take advantage of the Black Friday specials) to throw while you're working in a Gold Line. Once you get a Gold Line where you want it, start another one. That being said, I really liked the TM Rivers too. I like Gold and Opto and never had trouble adjusting to the premium plastic, but I prefer the feel of the TM plastic. It's too bad EZE was put on hold. Good luck with whatever path you choose.