• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas courses underwater 2015 edition

And I just saw that Trophy Club was open again...may have to wait a couple weekends after these next few days worth of rain.

Jesus! My gal has family is southern TX. (literally as far south on the US/MX border as you can get) and these last storms were bad enough! I'm honestly very scared for Patricia!

And I just saw that Trophy Club was open again...may have to wait a couple weekends after these next few days worth of rain.

I played last week. I doubt the rain we're getting now will make it unplayable. It was in great shape. 18 will probably have a pond to throw over again, which is sad because it was just about dry.

With the cracks we had out here in Mesquite/Rockwall area, these rains will get soaked up pretty quickly with some wind and sunshine. Storms are supposed to push out tonight/tomorrow, I'd bet by next weekend the courses will be playable, maybe a little soft in spots, but definitely playable.

So far our courses are wet, but not as bad as one would think. The ground is soaking up even this torrential rainfall like a sponge. Now if we do get the 2-4" more that they're forecasting for Sunday and Monday, It will be a swamp like it was in May.

The worst flooding near DFW was Navarro county. The only course in the county isn't in a flood prone area, so it's all good up this way. Some central and Wes Texas courses could be flooded, though.

Austin? Waco? How y'all holding up? I'm seeing some scary images. Dfw was hit again but not too bad her. Only another 4 inches of rain here

Texas is getting another gully washer at the moment. Pecan park in Nac is ripe for some kayak disc golf right now.

We were spared this time. South TX didn't get much rain at all.....this time.:\

Heavy rain but, unless we get more rain it won't be an issue. Suns out, nice breeze blowing, the course should dry up nicely.

Harry Myers and Audubon are fine, muddy in some spots, but entirely playable. I'd imagine Paschal in Mesquite is fine, not sure about The Cedars in Fate, the dirt is softer out there and doesn't usually drain well since it's heavily wooded.

Yeah, seems things have dried up for the most part. I was out this weekend (UT Dallas and Oncor Park) and didn't run into anything more than a little mud here and there. No flooding.

Speaking of the Dallas area, I'm going to the Dynamic does Denton Tournament at North Lake aprk, does anyone frequent that park much and can tell me how boggy it may be?

I haven't been out there in a while, but lots of open field, a creek that runs through that overflows and holds water decently. We've had a few days of real good weather, so it may be in good shape. I'd say might be a bit boggy in some places but overall should be good. By the time the 20th gets around, as long as we don't get any rain, with this weeks forecast it should be in great shape.

North Lakes can get very boggy on the back 6. specifically the field that comprises fairways 13, 14, and 15. that area can be ankle deep after a good rain and can stay for several days without sufficient heat and sunlight.

the area around the creek, holes 15-18, can be pretty muddy also. cake on your shoes mud, not unlike Towne Lake, but not as bad.

the front 11 are not too bad other than a few avoidable low-lying areas.

Im sure anything from Waco/ Austin/ Houston areas are terrible. DFW may be a hit or miss. I played a birdie bash at azle on sunday and the course was already flooding again.

Azle this weekend. Many holes worse then this but the rain was coming down so hard I could barley operate the camera app on phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 75