• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas H.O.D. 4/3/11

I played this course several times when I lived in Dallas. The hole is definitely at least 377' and I believe that picture is a little older because I remember those tree canopies being a little larger now. You have to have a pretty good arm to get the hyzer all the way around the trees. In addition, this park has an insane amount of walkers so the sidewalk running right down the side of the fairway can be a challenge for some players.

If you take the hyzer line to the right, you need at least 400' (probably more) of golf line distance to make it to the pin. I can normally throw about 350' feet and never really came close to parking this hole. Another good option can be sending a roller down the middle.

Star Vulcan hyzer flipped out to the right and hope that it makes it around the trees and gets its usual monster skip. Only chance of making it even close.

Does making all the sidewalks and beyond seem a little gimmicky to some people? Note--I've never played this course, so it might make sense seeing it in person.

It's necessary to make the sidewalk, street and ditch and beyond OB. The course is pretty tightly designed next to the sidewalk, with the street on one side of the course and a ditch on the other. A lot of walkers, etc. on the sidewalk. The course is very flat, so the limited number of trees aren't enough to make this course as difficult as it needs to be for the fun factor to increase. There is no rough, so bad shots need to be punished in some way.

LL Woods is a good course, but I don't get excited about playing there. The Lake Lewisville Park http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=151 course is the course that gets me to drive to Lewisville. I play LL Woods while I'm in town.

This is what teepads in my dreams look like. Yesterday, I was playing on tees that were smaller than the concrete pad for the water fountain in that pic, and were raised half a foot off the ground, making it impossible to start your run up behind it, or finish your follow-through in front of the pad. It really took me out of my game :/

champ boss to the right of the trees and hope I throw it hard enough to have a putt left.

id probs go with a safe layup with a leopard or maybe a valk if there aren't too many people. then id throw my warlock hard and straight in.

I'm going to go with a Road Runner to help keep me to the right of those trees, approach with a buzzz, then hole out with a Wizard.

I'd probably hyzer-flip a Pro Katana unless there's a headwind. If I hit it just right I could park it. If it turns over I'll still have an easy approach from out in the open on the right.

Big long hyzer to the right of the trees with a Force, then Wizard for the bird...just like I did on Friday during a round here :) Love this little course, not a big arm course by any means, but very tricky with all the OB and WIND!

Latest posts