• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas Sept 10 thru 17th

allinpflop

Eagle Member
We are flying into Houston on Sept 10 and flying back out of Houston on the 17th. Everything else is wide open. I know we will hit up Selah Ranch and also probably spend a couple days in Austin. Looking for local flavor or a route that makes the most sense. I can look up courses on here for rating so course suggestions are good but not 100 percent important. Good restaurants or local beers or bars/breweries fun stuff that shouldn't be missed.....anything like that is what I'm mostly looking for. We obv are going to have access to a rental car and don't mind driving if the location is worth it (ie enough courses to make a day of it). Let me know what you know DGCR

Thanks in advance

For southern DFW I would suggest Lorch Park, (has 2 courses to play) then Veterans Park, and Turner Park. Zboas if you're staying in Fort Worth. Just depends on where you'll be staying in DFW to give ya courses close to ya to try to max the enjoyment.

St. Arnold brewery in Houston is a great place to visit. $8 gets you a small souvenir glass and four fills from the tap. If you upgrade to a pint glass, you get four fills of that. They have odd hours and fill up very fast. You can google them for hours. Also, you can bring your own food in and hang out at the tables.

On your way from Houston to Dallas, I would recommend Shawshank in Huntsville (about an hour north of downtown Houston). It is a private course on an individuals property, so make sure you call well in advance to see when/if the course will be available for play.

NW Houston, on your way to Austin, has a few good courses close to each other. Winwood, Texas Army Trail, and Oak Meadow. Oak Meadow is private. Shoot me a PM if you want to play there.

I have never played in Austin or Dallas, so I can't help with those courses.

I wouldn't get too excited about DWF courses. :\

Thanks for getting the ball rolling with suggestions guys. Does it make sense to travel in this rough order....start in Houston, head to Austin for a couple days then to Selah via Dallas then head back to Houston to fly home? Other areas that are better from a disc golf/brewery restaurant point of view?

Austin is pretty awesome. circle c and east metro i've played and highly recommend. roy g and austin ridge bible church are next on my list...

Austin is the place to be for disc golf in Texas. You so many options, I'd say play circle C, Roy G, bible ridge, and east metro (I believe that's the name of the course in Manor) and while you are there 6th street is the place to be! Good bars and always live music going on makes Austin a really fun place to be at! In Dallas I'd say play Lorch park, 2 solid wooded course and 5-10 minutes away is crossroads of life. 3 good courses within 5-10 minutes. And turner park in grand prairie is 20 mins away. Pretty easy to hit all 4 courses in one day. In fort worth you got Zboaz and veterans park are my two favorites on that side of town, but a lot of stuff over in that side of town to do. East Dallas you got Harry Myers and Audubon park, that are pretty close to each other and not far from downtown. North of Dallas has some pretty good course, which is where I'm at. But not sure how long you wanna stay in the DFW. Not sure but if Tyler Texas isnt to far out of the way after Selah, they have a very awesome and nice complex with 3 courses on it. Great group of people down there to. Hope that helps a bit!

Also not sure if it matters, just noticed you are from Pittsburgh, but the pirates will be in town playing the rangers in a 3 game series from the 9-11th. If that matters to you at all

Austin's best courses are definitely Circle C, Ridge, Wilco, East Metro, Roy Guerrero and I would rank them in that order personally.

Stay away from Northtown in Pflugerville...the boxes are all-time terrible.

There is a super fun tournament at Old Settlers Park (Round Rock, TX) the weekend of the 14-15th called Outlaw's. There will be a doubles event on Friday the 13th if you wanna play a cool temp course that they only setup once a year.

Last edited:
Getting close now.....we are playing our way to Austin on wed the 11th and then playing Austin on the remainder of the 11th and all of the 12/13. Then playing our way to Dallas on the 14th with Selah on the 15th or 16th. If anyone wants to meet up and play a round with 840 rated lady and a 930 rated guy who are both in early 30s let me know.

Shawshank - Huntville, Texas
Circle C -Austin, Texas
Mary Moore Seawright - Austin, Texas
Bible Ridge - Austin, Texas
Old Settlers Park - Round Rock, Texas
Pioneer Park - Nacogdoches, Texas
Cameron Park, Waco Texas

Sorry, I just saw this. If in Houston, you gotta play :

Texas Army Trail

Spring Valley

Northside Christian Church

Windwood Church

TC Jester Park

Bayou Bend and Burk Crenshaw ( 10 minutes apart)

South of Houston in Hitchcock, TX - JackBrooks Park. Two courses in one park. Awesome play

Latest posts