• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Thank You, Discraft!

puck'n'disc5

Par Member
A few weeks ago, I was playing in a local event and ended up fracturing a disc. The disc was an ESP Comet and I smacked it off a tree about 100' away (it was probably around 35 degrees at the time). I was a little curious to see how Discraft would respond after I sent them a message explaining what happened. I offered to pay to ship the broken disc back, and shipping costs for a replacement disc. I didn't even know if they would reply to my email, which would have been completely understandable.

So a couple of days pass and I get an email from Paul, a sales rep for Discraft. He wanted to know a shipping address, preferred weight and colors. A few days later, a package arrives with two brand stankin' new ESP Comets, one pearly blue with a yellow stamp, and one bright, pearly pink, with a rainbow foil stamp. And they also threw in a bag tag bottle opener as well as several stickers.

Once again, thank you Discraft for the amazing customer service and for the pair of sweet Comets and goodies! Really looking forward to getting these puppies out to the course!

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, I was playing in a local event and ended up fracturing a disc. The disc was an ESP Comet and I smacked it off a tree about 100' away (it was probably around 35 degrees at the time). I was a little curious to see how Discraft would respond after I sent them a message explaining what happened. I offered to pay to ship the broken disc back, and shipping costs for a replacement disc. I didn't even know if they would reply to my email, which would have been completely understandable.

So a couple of days pass and I get an email from Paul, a sales rep for Discraft. He wanted to know a shipping address, preferred weight and colors. A few days later, a package arrives with two brand stankin' new ESP Comets, one pearly blue with a yellow stamp, and one bright, pearly pink, with a rainbow foil stamp. And they also threw in a bag tag bottle opener as well as several stickers.

Once again, thank you Discraft for the amazing customer service and for the pair of sweet Comets and goodies! Really looking forward to getting these puppies out to the course!

:popcorn:

Dear Discraft, Last week I was at a tournament, boy was it cold, and I started throwing off this one pad. There was this tree just off the pad and I hit the darned thing and my disc shattered from the cold. I couldn't believe it, but I threw my next disc and the same thing happened. Before I knew it, I had emptied my bag. I went to pick up my bag, and low and behold, the bottom was frozen to the ground and tore out.

I'm wondering whether you'd be willing to help me out?

Sorry, I think what discraft did was awesome, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Dear Discraft, Last week I was at a tournament, boy was it cold, and I started throwing off this one pad. There was this tree just off the pad and I hit the darned thing and my disc shattered from the cold. I couldn't believe it, but I threw my next disc and the same thing happened. Before I knew it, I had emptied my bag. I went to pick up my bag, and low and behold, the bottom was frozen to the ground and tore out.

I'm wondering whether you'd be willing to help me out?

Sorry, I think what discraft did was awesome, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Dear lyleoross,
Stop buying Salient.
Signed,
Discraft

;)

This is pretty awesome. I feel like maybe gateway would have been the only other company to stand behind their products like this, idk maybe DD also but just so cool daddy slick breeze could make a video about it. Anyway good ahit, reaching out really does work.

This is pretty awesome. I feel like maybe gateway would have been the only other company to stand behind their products like this, idk maybe DD also but just so cool daddy slick breeze could make a video about it. Anyway good ahit, reaching out really does work.

This story is from back around the introduction of flight numbers on discs, but I ordered two Innova discs and one Discraft from Prime Discs (Steve Dodge era). When I got the discs, one Innova disc had one bubble in the rim. The other have some dirt embedded in the plastic. The Discraft disc had a bunch of stamp dropout. Around here the Discraft Misprint box was really popular, and I had bought a couple so I had an idea of what misprints looked like. I took pictures of all three and sent Prime an email asking if the three discs should've made it past QC to the retailer. I even mentioned I wasn't looking for replacements. Just curious more than anything. Dodge wrote me back directly and told me he'd forwarded my email. Innova sent me two brand new perfect replacements without requiring I return the ones I already had. Discraft gave me a $2 discount on my next purchase.

Compare the above to the last time I bought a Legacy product. I'd spent well over $1000 on their factory store the year before with no intention of slowing down (not saying this because I think I'm entitled to special treatment - setting up that I was a Legacy fan). I ordered a stack of FR Hunters when they were released. I got the box, and it looked like it had been used for a soccer game. Open the box, and there's zero protective packing and three missing discs. Took pics, sent them an email, even praised their products (they do make some great molds) and presented my case. Zero reply but a box showed up over a week later with the missing discs' replacements. I am not one to look for a handout, and the lack of communication was the breaking point for me. Maybe I'm being overly petty about it, but I haven't bought another Legacy disc since then.

Even still, I bet there are positive stories for Legacy out there. Any manufacturer that wants to survive is going to have great customer service.

This is pretty awesome. I feel like maybe gateway would have been the only other company to stand behind their products like this

I ordered a Titan basket Black Friday 2016. The basket deal was supposed to come with 10 putters, which failed to ship. When I contacted Gateway, they apologized, and said they would throw in some extra discs to make up for the delay. Well, a considerable amount of time goes by, and no package, so I contact them again. They apologize again and finally send the package with over 35 assorted discs. Cant complain about that! Forgetting to send the package was an oversight but they made up for it IMO. Their customer service is excellent.

Absolutely, I had an order come in today and it was hand picked by Dom at Gateway to some pretty exact specs they gave me three diamond plastic drivers as the throw in. Fantastic also Dom on the phone like five times and emails I know I was bugging him, but he just was an excellent rep the whole time and my stuff came in two days

This story is from back around the introduction of flight numbers on discs, but I ordered two Innova discs and one Discraft from Prime Discs (Steve Dodge era). When I got the discs, one Innova disc had one bubble in the rim. The other have some dirt embedded in the plastic. The Discraft disc had a bunch of stamp dropout. Around here the Discraft Misprint box was really popular, and I had bought a couple so I had an idea of what misprints looked like. I took pictures of all three and sent Prime an email asking if the three discs should've made it past QC to the retailer. I even mentioned I wasn't looking for replacements. Just curious more than anything. Dodge wrote me back directly and told me he'd forwarded my email. Innova sent me two brand new perfect replacements without requiring I return the ones I already had. Discraft gave me a $2 discount on my next purchase.

Compare the above to the last time I bought a Legacy product. I'd spent well over $1000 on their factory store the year before with no intention of slowing down (not saying this because I think I'm entitled to special treatment - setting up that I was a Legacy fan). I ordered a stack of FR Hunters when they were released. I got the box, and it looked like it had been used for a soccer game. Open the box, and there's zero protective packing and three missing discs. Took pics, sent them an email, even praised their products (they do make some great molds) and presented my case. Zero reply but a box showed up over a week later with the missing discs' replacements. I am not one to look for a handout, and the lack of communication was the breaking point for me. Maybe I'm being overly petty about it, but I haven't bought another Legacy disc since then.

Even still, I bet there are positive stories for Legacy out there. Any manufacturer that wants to survive is going to have great customer service.

You're Right. I was probably wrong in saying that before I think it's cool that we are such a small market still that we can get this kind of service from the people we support

Discs come with warranties now?

Good on discraft for replacing the discs, but as someone that works in retail, op got my blood boiling. This is like for me when a customer brings in a pair of shoes that are like 2 years old and have clearly served their purpose, but yet they are trying to return them because they ripped. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Shame on op, good job discraft.

Good on discraft for replacing the discs, but as someone that works in retail, op got my blood boiling. This is like for me when a customer brings in a pair of shoes that are like 2 years old and have clearly served their purpose, but yet they are trying to return them because they ripped. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Shame on op, good job discraft.

It's great that Discraft went above and beyond, and ponied up not one, but two replacement discs. Did they have to? Certainly not.

But no need to be so harsh on the OP. I don't think your anagolgy really equivalent. It's not like he beat the hell out of it over years of tree hits and decided to write them cause it could no longer hold a line. It freaking broke when it hit a tree.

Sure, it happens... but it's much more the exception than it is the rule.

Tons of us in cold climates have had discs for over a decade without breaking them, so I'd say that's the more typical expectation for premium plastic... not that it should break before it gets too beat to throw.

I think OP was well within his right asking for a replacement, given the expectations established for ESP plastic. Not the same as returning 2yr old shoes. Dude even going to pay for shipping...so lighten up, Francis.

And I really like making videos.

Well, I would also if I was as good at it as you are buddy. Keep up the good work. If I had one suggestion (and I do) it would be that while you guys are doing DGAM please call out peoples BS. Specifically I remember a guy who said he throws standstill 300' and has been playing for like 3 or 4 months and thats bogus and you guys should have called him on that bogus-ness. I think this was in episode 215 maybe?

Discraft is pretty awesome. I messaged them about seeing if they have lighter weights for my 8yr old daughter as she likes to throw Avenger SS. I've shopped around and the weights have been pretty heavy for her. So I asked if they had any lighter ones I could purchase for her and they sent us 4 sub 160g discs (WGE Thrasher, Tiedye Z Heat, Ti Nuke SS, ESP Avenger SS). He also informed me that later on this year they will be coming out with a lighter line of discs. We are def sticking to Discraft as they have been pretty great about supporting my daughter's growth in the sport.