• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

That blank stare ....

You get a stupid thread prize of shut the hell up.
I'll bet you have lots of friends, huh?

You're really not even good at trolling man. Just chill your beans, and stick to commenting on stuff that DOES interest you.

OMG..I can't believe the poster didn't call me first and ask me what interested me..
Now I keep reading this thread that I don't like and I don't know what to do, oh I'll just complain
that might finally make me cool one day possibly

i have a blank stare now. :|

i have a blank stare now. :|

I'm right there with ya.:confused:

landfill1.jpg

How about now?

I usually get the blank stare when I tell people that I play disc golf. Then when I try to explain it.

I also got it once when playing a 180ft hole, and everyone was throwing mids and drivers, and I threw my putter, and parked it.

Man how many time have a had that look and been asked what we are doing in the park? With the flat frisbees and met cages?? Cages. Hahaha

Man how many time have a had that look and been asked what we are doing in the park? With the flat frisbees and met cages?? Cages. Hahaha

Incidentally, what are you doing?

One time I was the stunned one

I was at the Chavez Ridge DGC on hole 5 when two somewhat past middle aged ladies walked by on the access road. They said to us, "Oh, is this a frisbee course?". I almost fell over. I'd never met anyone who didn't play and knew what it was.

I love Austin because most of the population at least has an idea what DG is, they still want to use baskets as grills, but they get that we're throwing hard plastic projectiles in the park and to get out of the way.

I've got the wife trained to just go along with whatever I talk about when I get back from a round. I'll describe 2 or 3 of my bet shots and she gives a nice big - "Ohh...great honey!" Makes me feel like she cares and gets rid of the blank stare I used to get.

I usually get the blank stare when I tell people that I play disc golf. Then when I try to explain it.

I also got it once when playing a 180ft hole, and everyone was throwing mids and drivers, and I threw my putter, and parked it.

that happens a lot for me too at my local course. it's a pitch and putt par 3, and the 17th hole is a MAYBE 250' way downhill shot so it plays closer to 200'

i constantly get that "dude what'd you throw?!?!" comment/look from the guys (tdd's) throwing destroyers and bosses when i tell them i threw an aviar.

rubes.

that happens a lot for me too at my local course. it's a pitch and putt par 3, and the 17th hole is a MAYBE 250' way downhill shot so it plays closer to 200'

i constantly get that "dude what'd you throw?!?!" comment/look from the guys (tdd's) throwing destroyers and bosses when i tell them i threw an aviar.

rubes.

I was playing solo and a group of like 6 really large guys (i'm like 5'10" 130 lbs) let me play through on a 200' hole. I threw my aviar and hit the yellow part around the top of the innova basket (it was mostly luck as I still have 0 aces). They were all silent as a grabbed my bag and as started to walk toward my disc one guy says "nice rip bro." As I walked by I noticed 2 of them had thrown Grooves about 150'. I had a nice laugh.

I get a lot of blank stares when I play too, mostly because I never wear bottoms.

I get that stare a lot being a short 5' 5'' 16 year old who drives over 400'.

Latest posts