• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

For those of you asking for no winds, you all should know that is ludicrous. Kentucky, winds and April are inseparable. Honestly, I don't know what I would do if it wasn't windy at White park but its not part of the courses I'll be playing so it doesn't matter. I'll gladly trade a Phil Moore for an Ephram White for the Ams. Any takers?

Ill do the swap, i have bad luck at ephram white

Don't forget to try and use your PDGA discount for lodging.

Last winter on my winter disc golf trip I think I saved about $100 (over 20 days) by being a PDGA member . . . as opposed to just paying on the spot when i showed up. My PDGA membership was paid for twice over!

I was OK with Phil Moore & love Keriakas & Hobson but I need to work on the Tech Center. That place is not forehand friendly at all!

Ashleigh and I are going to try to get a couple days off to get down there, I've always wanted to play.

So I found the registration page and a partner to share the drive/costs. But I want to sign up for the LSDiscs AND Essential Discs Doubles tournaments the days prior as well as the Sun King C tier. Can someone who was there last year give me an idea as to what the costs for each of these tournaments is?

So I found the registration page and a partner to share the drive/costs. But I want to sign up for the LSDiscs AND Essential Discs Doubles tournaments the days prior as well as the Sun King C tier. Can someone who was there last year give me an idea as to what the costs for each of these tournaments is?

Somewhere around 20 bucks a piece, I believe. I played the Dynamic Discs C-tier at Hobson and it was that price with a players pack included (option of a hat, shirt, disc, minis...). Not a bad idea to get some tourney like practice in and a rated round as well as potentially win more stuff.

I'm seeing that all three of these tournaments are on Thursday. Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to play more than just one of these or are they all set up to play one or the others?

I'm seeing that all three of these tournaments are on Thursday. Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to play more than just one of these or are they all set up to play one or the others?

Looms like they're flex starts so youo should be able to play them all.

Yes the pre event tournaments are all flex start so you can play as many as you want. The current shown schedule is last years, but will give you a idea. These events typically start on Wendesday and some will also have rounds Friday morning. Both singles and doubles competitions are offered at various courses, with custom players packages and prizes. The prizes are posted and awarded at the Friday night fly-mart by the hosts of the course event.

The winner of the 12/26 drawing from pre-registered players is Sean Mehaffey of Prospect Ohio. Your DGA gel straps will be at the check-in.

Another set of DGA gel straps will be given away on Monday Jan 2 . . . all players pre-registered are elagible for each drawing, so the early birds get a chance each week!

Website is working again. Hopefully I get to win one of these weekly lotteries, it'd be nice to have some other guaranteed swag. This is going to be great.

I have another question about the C tiers held the Thursday before. Can you show up day of and register or are they pre registration only as well? Only asking because right now, and leading up to this week of disc golf bonanza, I'm going to feel like I can play all of them and be okay to play the following days in the championship. In reality, I will probably only play one or two of them to save some energy for the weekend.

Can't wait.

I have another question about the C tiers held the Thursday before. Can you show up day of and register or are they pre registration only as well? .

You just show up and register. If you don't have a full group (3 or more), you just wait around for a couple more players to show up and then you are free to start the round. I've played in several of them and the longest we've waited is 15 minutes...

nice. so it wouldnt be a bad idea to make friends with the first card and see if they want to go to any of the other ones so the wait time is less (in theory). thanks for the info :). I'm almost as excited for this as I am about Worlds in Charlotte lol.

nice. so it wouldnt be a bad idea to make friends with the first card and see if they want to go to any of the other ones so the wait time is less (in theory). thanks for the info :). I'm almost as excited for this as I am about Worlds in Charlotte lol.

This ^^^^^
I played the last 2 years and had a blast.

I guess payout will have shipping charges deducted from your winnings like last year even though they were not supposed to be.

This year there will be NO Shipping charges! Disc Golf U has agreed to provide a code for free shipping, so you can spend all of your winnings on line!

For those new to this, the awards, other than the trophies, are awarded on line after the event. This keeps you from having to be at the final 9 and get in line with 250 others, and allows you a choice of products rather than the disc we pick out. So after your final round Sunday morning, you may hit the road before noon and be back in NC, WI, FL, KS or such in a timley manner Sunday night!

Results are posted with in 1 hour on line (pdga site) and on Tuesday after the event your credit will appear on line. We will post the approx. payouts at the HQ all weekend.