• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Ephram white blows. No pun intended. I'll be there again even though I wish that course wasn't part of it. Great tournament overall.

I think the main reason White is used so that all rec players stay together and there are int or adv playin with rec on the same course. Just my thought as to why they use it.

I shot my best round of the tournament at White last year. That being said, I shot my worst at Miller. I'm pretty sure jaybob was there for the Miller debacle.

I don't mind playing White. I think the OB, length and chaotic winds makes it a fun challenge. Good tournament course.

I shot my best round of the tournament at White last year. That being said, I shot my worst at Miller. I'm pretty sure jaybob was there for the Miller debacle.

I don't mind playing White. I think the OB, length and chaotic winds makes it a fun challenge. Good tournament course.

You're worst was at Miller? Ouch! :wall: :doh: I'd have hated to have seen that.

We have 2 warm up tournaments this year. The Wood of BG is the first weekend of March and The Hills of BG is the 3rd weekend (both on saturdays) . Both are PDGA C tier. More info coming soon.

Still working my wife to get this in again, normally wouldnt even be a question but our first born will be a month and a half old so not sure how she will feel about me taking off for a weekend.

I'm with you. Ours is full term on 4/19, so BG weekend is VERY questionable.

Still working my wife to get this in again, normally wouldnt even be a question but our first born will be a month and a half old so not sure how she will feel about me taking off for a weekend.

This year there will be NO Shipping charges! Disc Golf U has agreed to provide a code for free shipping, so you can spend all of your winnings on line!

For those new to this, the awards, other than the trophies, are awarded on line after the event. This keeps you from having to be at the final 9 and get in line with 250 others, and allows you a choice of products rather than the disc we pick out. So after your final round Sunday morning, you may hit the road before noon and be back in NC, WI, FL, KS or such in a timley manner Sunday night!

Results are posted with in 1 hour on line (pdga site) and on Tuesday after the event your credit will appear on line. We will post the approx. payouts at the HQ all weekend.

Any thoughts about the disc selection that will be available? I'm not terribly particular, but it would sure be nice if DGU had more variety than they did last year. TBH, there's more interesting stuff in the player's pack than there is available for prizes...

That said, BG Ams is still the best tournament of the year!

We have 2 warm up tournaments this year. The Wood of BG is the first weekend of March and The Hills of BG is the 3rd weekend (both on saturdays) . Both are PDGA C tier. More info coming soon.

Do you know which courses will be used for each tourney - I'll probably make one of them. I'd guess Woods as Hobson & Tech Center and Hills as Keriakas & Lovers?.

Any thoughts about the disc selection that will be available? I'm not terribly particular, but it would sure be nice if DGU had more variety than they did last year. TBH, there's more interesting stuff in the player's pack than there is available for prizes...

^this
Not that I would win, but really? The biggest am tournament on the planet has a smaller prize selection than a local unsactioned :confused:

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if I ever got the chance to get down there and play the experience would more than make up for any lack in the prize department. It just seems odd I guess..

So you don't have to be a PDGA member to compete in this tournament? If that's the case I'm in. I don't care if I get DFL, somebody's got to do it, I just need a vacation.

White just left a bad taste last year. Mostly my fault. The wind is something we don't contend with much in my area. Because of the length I didn't feel it fit very well with rec players. That said, a year later and my game has improved in areas that I feel will make it not as painful. The two rounds I played with u job were the first and the last. I'm still having trouble remembering course names.

Regarding White, I am pretty sure one of the guys on my card that round started crying. Needless to say, he was struggling. Some guy from Michigan, and no it wasn't Gonnagal.