• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

its really funny to hear all this "team" prodigy talk in regards to an individual sport
i was thinking the same thing. Disc golf, like ball golf, is a mostly individual sport. You won't see competitors from the same company acting like that on the 18th green. they remove their hat and shake hands with their playing partner after the round.

Professional disc golfers should act professional, especially if you want to grow the sport on television.

Last edited:
After all the hype/haters/issues that prodigy went through. IMO it is a pretty big deal that one of their team members won the first NT of the year.....just sayin. I'm ok with the "in your face attitude".....Put yourself in their shoes....they have a lot to prove this year.

Yea.. Cause there's no 'Team Innova' or 'Team Discraft' or 'Team MVP' oh wait.. MVP is the only company in the game without a 'Team'. Whether it's an individual sport or not, it's always nice to have people who have your back. They had it last year with Cale/Nikko/Will on 'Team NSDG' always celebrating with eachother after wins, it's just that now they have more incentive to push and support eachother, since they're all part owners of the same company.

I gotta stay away from these threads apparently. Too many haters, not enough patience to respond.

I saw Team Westside give himself a high five.

Because of Prodigy we have two threads filled to the brim of opinions and speculation. That means at least we care about the pros. Also, i'm sure McBeth is now being treated better at Innova. Also, McCabe and Feldberg are probably being treated better also since their departures! Think allot of that has to be a credit to Prodigy for shaking things up in the Open Ranks and seems to have kick started more anticipation for tournaments, discs, and money to the touring pro. Hopefully it pays off for all involved.

I saw Team Westside give himself a high five.

Nice!

At least we have some Team Westside coming up in a week or two with some vids i'm sure!

"Good character is more to be praised than outstanding talent. Most talents are to some extent a gift. Good character, by contrast, is not given to us. We have to build it piece by piece by thought, choice, courage and determination." -John Luther

Yea.. Cause there's no 'Team Innova' or 'Team Discraft' or 'Team MVP' oh wait.. MVP is the only company in the game without a 'Team'. Whether it's an individual sport or not, it's always nice to have people who have your back. They had it last year with Cale/Nikko/Will on 'Team NSDG' always celebrating with eachother after wins, it's just that now they have more incentive to push and support eachother, since they're all part owners of the same company.

I gotta stay away from these threads apparently. Too many haters, not enough patience to respond.

The players are all sponsored by the various companies but they are not a team as disc golf is not a team sport, no team prodigy, no team innova, etc...

Maybe we need WWE type nicknames for our players so we can ramp up the good guy bad guy rivalries. That was Prodigy's secret strategy all along to gain attention and build spectator interest in the sport and players.

"Let's get ready to rumble!"

What I get frustrated with is the folks (maybe some of you) who were in the Livestream Chat saying things like this-

"Wow Will Schusterick crushed that D4, I guess Prodigy is for real!"

and

"Huge forehand by Ricky, Prodigy is the best!"

I'm pretty sure those guys are just really good at Disc Golf, no matter what discs they are throwing. I'm willing to be that most of these guys would still be top in the world if they were throwing Innova, Discraft, Prodigy, or some other company.

I'm pretty sure those guys are just really good at Disc Golf, no matter what discs they are throwing. I'm willing to be that most of these guys would still be top in the world if they were throwing Innova, Discraft, Prodigy, or some other company.

I couldn't agree more!

Which they have already done.

Sad to say it but I am a tad "cheesed" off at team prodigy for subtle reasons. I don't throw much innova but it's so much easier to root for McBeth. He/Innova is brilliant the way things have set up. mcBeth against the world is not only a fun storyline but it seems to work for him as we've seen in the results.

I'd say Paige Pierce found another gear over most of the field and 11 over second says she can bomb. I also say hooray for Prodigy for promoting and paying their women equally.

Looks like Feldy will get it together without Innova. Paul McBeth 1126 rated final round 39 (unofficial) IS THAT RIGHT?!

The Champ is still cashing big checks!

What I get frustrated with is the folks (maybe some of you) who were in the Livestream Chat saying things like this-

"Wow Will Schusterick crushed that D4, I guess Prodigy is for real!"

and

"Huge forehand by Ricky, Prodigy is the best!"

This.

You'll hear people point out stuff like, "5 of the Top 10 finishers are on Team Prodigy! Prodigy rocks!"

Well no ****, Sherlock. Of course they're in the Top 10. They're the same friggin' people who were in the Top 10 last year! They're the same friggin' people who are ALWAYS in the Top 10.

"Team" Prodigy changes nothing.

It's funny how a startup company like Prodigy who has barely scratched the surface of marketshare in disc golf can turn a bunch of people against them and make them out to be the frontrunners and have people pulling for Team Innova like they're the underdogs...

Though if nobody noticed Team Innova took 2nd & 7th in Open, 1st in Masters, 2nd in Women's Open and 1st & 3rd in Grandmasters. They also had players win the Earlewood Classic (Josh Childs) and the Loriella Challenge (Schwebby).

I'm stoked to be able to watch the replay of the final round, looking forward to seeing that 39 from Paul.. Thanks to all who made it possible at DGTV.

I'm not really caring that much who is sponsored by who, at the end of the day it's the Indian not the arrow!

This.

You'll hear people point out stuff like, "5 of the Top 10 finishers are on Team Prodigy! Prodigy rocks!"

Well no ****, Sherlock. Of course they're in the Top 10. They're the same friggin' people who were in the Top 10 last year! They're the same friggin' people who are ALWAYS in the Top 10.

"Team" Prodigy changes nothing.

Except that this massive group of the country's top pros saw something (dollar signs or revolution, who knows) that made them sign up. You can't argue with that.

Yes, they could probably throw ABC Discs and still be competitive at the top. But we're not talking about plastic. They represent Prodigy now. People want to root for McBeth or Feldberg to stick it to Prodigy players, then want to act like "Team Prodigy" doesn't matter because they're the best players anyways. You can't have it both ways. (This isn't meant to be a comment directed at Captain. I just quoted him to move towards my point).

All I'm saying is, whether they have two molds or twenty, whether Will S. parks his playoff hole with a Firebird or a D1, or whether a Prodigy member, Doss, Feldberg, or McBeth win all the NT events...you can't argue that they haven't drastically changed the landscape already.

Did they actually capture his round? On the live coverage they had no clue how good of a round he was having, hopefully Murder or someone else on the course got some of it...

I'm stoked to be able to watch the replay of the final round, looking forward to seeing that 39 from Paul.. Thanks to all who made it possible at DGTV.

I'm not really caring that much who is sponsored by who, at the end of the day it's the Indian not the arrow!

Latest posts