• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Did they actually capture his round? On the live coverage they had no clue how good of a round he was having, hopefully Murder or someone else on the course got some of it...

Nope! :doh:

I know they got one tester putt and maybe a drive but not much else.

...you can't argue that they haven't drastically changed the landscape already.

...in the eyes of the DGCR user. We are still a long ways away from where the majority of average disc golfers know what is going on with Prodigy, or can even name five top pros regardless of affiliation. I think, being in the DGCR bubble, we tend to overstate the impact these players have on the overall outlook of the sport. They have certainly affected the pro side.

its really funny to hear all this "team" prodigy talk in regards to an individual sport

apparently you've never been a track, swim, cycling or ski athlete, among many others. a company, state, or other group will have a team comprised of individuals who compete together against others.
use your brains guys, i know it's just the internet, just the comparisons to the other golf are bad enough...

...in the eyes of the DGCR user. We are still a long ways away from where the majority of average disc golfers know what is going on with Prodigy, or can even name five top pros regardless of affiliation. I think, being in the DGCR bubble, we tend to overstate the impact these players have on the overall outlook of the sport. They have certainly affected the pro side.

This.

The average player barely knows who Ken Climo is, much less Team Prodigy.

From McBeth's Facebook..."As much as I would love to have another Memorial title, It's the greatest feeling on earth knowing you have the BEST round of disc golf EVER associated with your name"

From McBeth's Facebook..."As much as I would love to have another Memorial title, It's the greatest feeling on earth knowing you have the BEST round of disc golf EVER associated with your name"

Highest rated round ever!

Not saying it isn't the best round ever but it is harder to make that claim compared to the rock solid fact it will be the highest rated round and the new watermark for the stat.

Not saying it isn't the best round ever but it is harder to make that claim compared to the rock solid fact it will be the highest rated round and the new watermark for the stat.

Thanks for bringing up the semantics of it. You made my philosophical heart skip a beat.

I love how McBeth said at the awards "Will put his Firebird closer than mine." and walked away.
There was a lot of drama and tension and some stuff said that was bull**** that still hasn't been put out there. This year will be interesting for all companies

I love how McBeth said at the awards "Will put his Firebird closer than mine." and walked away.
There was a lot of drama and tension and some stuff said that was bull**** that still hasn't been put out there. This year will be interesting for all companies

Least we know what was said by Paul after accepting his trophy. That's kinda funny though. That's what I didn't get about the whole.."Team Prodigy had blah blah amount of players in the top 5 for a lot of divisions at the Memorial..." Until they are throwing all Prodigy plastic, and not whatever the hell they feel like throwing.. to me, they're just individual players throwing what ever the hell kinda plastic they feel like throwing and not this "Team Prodigy" lots of people keep referring to them as. Like someone mentioned already.. these guys were in the top 10 of the world before this whole Prodigy thing started. Them getting a new sponsor wasn't going to change that.

if it was shot on thursday with the WHOLE field and no cut it could have been 1140:doh::eek:

I also have film of all but 1 tap in. my friend didnt make the cut so he filmed it all

if it was shot on thursday with the WHOLE field and no cut it could have been 1140:doh::eek:

I also have film of all but 1 tap in. my friend didnt make the cut so he filmed it all

As far as I understood Chuck, it was still up for evaluation whether to use the SSA from Thursday for ratings calculations - as the SSA on Saturday gets skewed by the cut.

Either way you should still have a solid record improvement on the books. Fantastic round, Paul.

As far as I understood Chuck, it was still up for evaluation whether to use the SSA from Thursday for ratings calculations - as the SSA on Saturday gets skewed by the cut.

Either way you should still have a solid record improvement on the books. Fantastic round, Paul.

that would be pretty sweet!

Sounds like there was plenty of douchebaggery to go around.

Don't worry Paul we got your BACKS! :thmbup: (at least i'll keep buying McPro Aviar and Roc3)

Congrats Paul, you deserve all the success in the world.

MurderMike you got McBeth's round? Setup Paypal so I can shoot you some moneys for your time! Really appreciate what you do! :thmbup::clap:

I was there and all the Prodigy guys threw their D1 or D4 EVERY time it was called for because they fly a mile. So your 6 times was way off... more like 10 times per round. On every par 4 and many of the longer par 3, they whole team threw Prodigy. Don't speak about something you know nothing about.

Since your so much smarter then all of us stupid people? Also, much more refined, and evolved also? How many times do you think that Will S unsheathed his D1 at Fountain Hills? It's not everyday I get to talk to someone that is so much more intellectually superior to all of us dummies? I'm saying 6 times at most and even that I believe to be high. What do you think knowledgeable one?

Seems to me like it would have been a mistake on allot of the holes for Will to throw this type of disc, but I digress.

Lol yes there was. Especially from nikko, he was standing by me after he just finished his round and talking sh@t. If i didnt already know he is a loser i would have been shocked by how he was talking about other players.

Maybe out of all these kids and there highschool drama one of them will act like a professional........maybe

These guys need to learn to just let there game do the talkin and shut the hell up and throw.

For anybody who went and watched, what were some of the players with new sponsorships throwing? I know there have been some in the bag videos surface recently but that can change quite a bit, especially when you have so many new molds at you disposal. I'm mostly curious about barsby, feldbeard, and maybe some of the prodigy team.