• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Ganz was in AZ at the Memorial and hasn't update the tables for yearend.

The number of rounds for the World Ranking ratings is actually 2012 only for yearend World Rankings and only includes B-tiers and higher for North Amrican players. There's no recent 25% of their rounds double weighted. That's why the ratings in World Rankings are sometimes a few points different from their PDGA player rating.

Not sure I'm understanding.

So the list I linked to is just B-Tiers and Higher, whereas the other lists are for all tournaments regardless of tier?

Yes. It's always been that way for World Rankings. We calculate the ratings used for World Rankings using a straight average of their B-tier and above rounds played in the 12 months prior to the date of the World Ranking update. That way, the rounds being rated are all in the same 12 month time frame for every player. For players outside North America, we include their C-tier rounds since they don't have the number of B, A and Tour events available to them that North American players have.

Paul does not need prodigy crap!! He will do great this year and hopefully make these prodigy kids shut the blank up. Go Paul smash these fools all year!!! I'm glad everyone left innova more for Paul!!

Here here! :clap:

I look forward to your live stream at the next big event.

All the complaining about this FREE stream's quality this event is getting really tired. Either do it better yourself, stop watching, or shut up about it.

Did those who paid for the stream get a better experience? I didn't think so. So why pay?

Yeah, when I said "highest-rated", I meant "highest-rated" with regard to "rating", not "ranking" or "rating used for ranking".

Sounds like you need to ask for your money back then, BS.

I would suggest you complainers get out and try to record an event (hell, even just a casual round) before you start crying about coverage. It's not as easy as it looks. If you think you can do better, let's see it.

Well this is a forum so both good and bad will be discussed here. So if you don't want to hear the criticizems then you should leave or build your own forum.

DGPTV has more than just technical issues to over come. They had no idea about any other player's score besides the lead card. They completely missed the best round in pro DG history. Why wouldn't they have followed at least the top 2 cards?

And I did pay to watch the USDG last year and I thought it was pretty decent.

picture.php

Team Prodigy has a HUGE advantage over every other sponsored player. They can throw whatever discs they want! They are not limited. They can pick their fav putter, mid, fairway, drivers, etc regardless of make!

McBeast can't throw a D1 even if he wanted to! Can't putt with wizards either. No Buzzz in his bag.

My level of respect for Paul has went up even further after his round...

Why would he need a Buzzz, Wizard, D1? He's got Aviars, Rocs, and Destroyers

I was there and all the Prodigy guys threw their D1 or D4 EVERY time it was called for because they fly a mile. So your 6 times was way off... more like 10 times per round. On every par 4 and many of the longer par 3, they whole team threw Prodigy. Don't speak about something you know nothing about.

Let me clarify. The coverage I saw didn't see allot of Par 4's. It was more that these guys can get out to 400 with Midranges and Fairway drivers. Thanks for clarifying! So 25% or less they were using Prodigy discs.

Last edited:
Did those who paid for the stream get a better experience? I didn't think so. So why pay?
It's free, why should I pay? Ever hear the expression that you get what you pay for?

Well this is a forum so both good and bad will be discussed here. So if you don't want to hear the criticizems then you should leave or build your own forum.

DGPTV has more than just technical issues to over come. They had no idea about any other player's score besides the lead card. They completely missed the best round in pro DG history. Why wouldn't they have followed at least the top 2 cards?
Obviously not.

It's free, why should I pay? Ever hear the expression that you get what you pay for?

Have you ever been critical of a TV broadcast? You get your local channels for free, so you're saying you can't ever be critical of anything on those channels?

It's not unreasonable to be critical of the broadcast just because it's provided for free. We certainly all recognize that it's better than nothing, but there's still a lot of improvement. And there's sponsor money funding this, if you want to increase viewership and thus, sponsor money, it's important to make create a quality broadcast.

Have you ever been critical of a TV broadcast? You get your local channels for free, so you're saying you can't ever be critical of anything on those channels?

It's not unreasonable to be critical of the broadcast just because it's provided for free. We certainly all recognize that it's better than nothing, but there's still a lot of improvement. And there's sponsor money funding this, if you want to increase viewership and thus, sponsor money, it's important to make create a quality broadcast.

Do you really think making a comparison between a local channel's programming (which services millions of people and has a dedicated sales staff to sell sponsorship airtime) and a live internet stream (produced by volunteers mostly) watched by the low thousands is anywhere near the same?

Considering what they had to work with and the finished product, I'd say they put out the best product they could. It's also the first event of the season, not the last. I look forward to them moving forward and not back from here.

Everybody was so quick to criticize the coverage without really being thankful for there being coverage at all. Had the majority of negative posts shown any signs of being grateful at all, I would've stayed out of this argument completely.

Do you really think making a comparison between a local channel's programming (which services millions of people and has a dedicated sales staff to sell sponsorship airtime) and a live internet stream (produced by volunteers mostly) watched by the low thousands is anywhere near the same?

Considering what they had to work with and the finished product, I'd say they put out the best product they could. It's also the first event of the season, not the last. I look forward to them moving forward and not back from here.

Everybody was so quick to criticize the coverage without really being thankful for there being coverage at all. Had the majority of negative posts shown any signs of being grateful at all, I would've stayed out of this argument completely.

quick pros and cons

pros
quality of picture was absolutely astounding. really really good job.

cons
get better professionals commentating. they look the part but man crazy says some dumb things. i also cant stand greenwell's voice (personal preference i know)

FIX THE AUDIO LAG!!!!

get more camera's

more screen graphics showing yardage, hole info, player stats, etc etc

get more camera's

theres many more pros and cons but those are the main ones as far as im concerned

Do you really think making a comparison between a local channel's programming (which services millions of people and has a sales staff to sell sponsor airtime versus a bunch of volunteers giving their time) and an internet stream watched by the low thousands is anywhere near the same?

No, I'm simply attacking the premise that because it's free, there should be no expectations of quality. I understand that the online broadcast will be nowhere near TV quality, but just because it's free, doesn't mean the viewership doesn't have a right to voice some critiques.

I disagree with this to an extent. There were some glaring errors that are really easy to fix. Battery packs dying during the critical final holes is inexcusable. I don't know what it takes to sync the audio and video, but I have to imagine something could have been done to improve that. And simply keeping the commentators informed on what's happening. On the final day it seemed they had no idea what McBeth was doing while everyone at home was watching the live scoring and knew exactly what was happening. Easy solution there, give them a computer screen to look at!

In an online forum, that's what you get. No one's going to jump on to say "thanks for the coverage, but here's some things you might improve on..."

Face to face with someone from DGP, the conversation I'm sure would be much different.

Latest posts