• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

Also if Prodigy was smart they would have taken some of that start up money and put a chunk of it towards DGP or something that would follow around their pros all year filming them.

From Facebook:
Will Schusterick shared a link
As some of you know, or do not know, Paige Ashton Pierce and I have a full time camera man with us at every tournament taking footage of the rounds being played and off the course random stuff. Every week or so there will be PLENTY of fresh, new, interesting videos up for your pleasure! We have full coverage from The Gentleman's Club Challenge and The Memorial and will be posting it very soon! Make sure to subscribe to our Youtube page below and LIKE our tour page here -->http://www.youtube.com/fthedisctour

Out of the necessity of having a devil's advocate... I remember reading a few (hundred) pages back (a rumor) that Leiviska was frustrated with McBeth attempting to make rule calls during his rounds. Does anyone worry that with this new-found "team camaraderie", with 1st and second cards stacked with Prodigy members, the possibility that getting rule violations called, or at least seconded, could be affected? I mean, none of the team members looked happy with Will getting called on his scorecard, but imagine a situation where Schusterick and McBeth are neck-and-neck on hole 18, final round, and McBeth tries to call a foot fault on a prodigy-stacked card. I believe there could be a serious bias out of solidarity... especially if this rivalry (hopefully, for entertainment's sake) grows.

Now, I don't want to call any individuals out here, I'm more than anything playing devil's advocate (this is the internet, after all)... it's just something to think about.

I thought the technical issues stunk, and I found the commentary was bearable, but overall, I very much enjoyed watching the coverage and will donate money towards something that I wish to continue, and grow (in many aspects).

At least at NTs and Majors, there will likely a be an official or marshal following near the top cards.

I can answer that... My D4 is flying 30-40 ft. further than anything in my bag. I was in the circle in two on many of the long par 4s at The Memorial that I never would've without this plastic. So... yes. I'm a believer in the performance and don't really care about any of the other nonsense.

Yours were probably the overweight ones.

We were able to track down Will and Paige for our wrap on the Memorial over at RattlingChains.com:

Schusterick overcomes scorecard error, wins Memorial in playoff

Kudos to Will for owning his mistake, and to both players for their wins this weekend.

We'll be doing NT previews and recaps all season over at Rattling Chains, so please feel free to follow along with us. Thanks!

And this is the first account I've read that matches what I witnessed with my own eyes. Will was NOT rushed away by officials to do any interviews as some mentioned. I watched him jump the ropes and sprint to the scoring tent happy as clam with his card in hand. I watched him turn it in. IT WAS AFTER that he was asked for interviews... not before. He simply got ahead of himself just like he says in this interview.

uh ... him not totaling his score on his scorecard, which resulted in a 2 stroke penalty, which resulted in a sudden-death playoff ... that mistake.

Yup, that one.

And this is the first account I've read that matches what I witnessed with my own eyes. Will was NOT rushed away by officials to do any interviews as some mentioned. I watched him jump the ropes and sprint to the scoring tent happy as clam with his card in hand. I watched him turn it in. IT WAS AFTER that he was asked for interviews... not before. He simply got ahead of himself just like he says in this interview.

Score one for journalism. :thmbup:

uh ... him not totaling his score on his scorecard, which resulted in a 2 stroke penalty, which resulted in a sudden-death playoff ... that mistake.

you missed my point. Shoestring needs to learn some etiquette. not shaking hands is a big time dbag move. coupled with the scorecard and it speaks volumes for his maturity

"Does anyone worry that with this new-found "team camaraderie", with 1st and second cards stacked with Prodigy members, the possibility that getting rule violations called, or at least seconded, could be affected? "

Did anyone else see Phil Arthur jump all over Barsby when he questioned Wysocki on 18 final day? Wysocki's putt went OB, he picked up his marker. Team prodigy yelled for him to re-putt. He sets his marker back down, and Barsby questioned if that was legal or not. Phil yelled at him, declaring it was legal, look it up in the rule book. Barsby apologized and let up.

Even if this was a legal play, putting back ones mark after removing it, and not verbally asking ones opponents if they agree with the spot, it made me question having 3 prodigy players with there 'we're #1 and you're not' attitude on the same card with a single outsider.

Also, there was not an official exclusively following the top cards. I'm sure there was one around and available if hailed, but you'd have to reach out to him/her.

Us vs Them. . .too much hubris

Not only this, but now I've seen many more "loyalty" posts here on the forums as well. People are pulling for Westside beacause of Barsby, DD because of Emac, Lat for Feldberg....etc. This didn't happen before.

And of course, everyone wants Prodigy to fail miserably, which is ridiculous.

you missed my point. Shoestring needs to learn some etiquette. not shaking hands is a big time dbag move. coupled with the scorecard and it speaks volumes for his maturity

I've read multiple times that Will refused to shake hands with Paul. I've watched all the videos a couple times and I've never seen this interaction? I haven't seen them shake hands, but it I haven't seen this "moment" that keeps getting referred to. Am I missing a video?

I've read multiple times that Will refused to shake hands with Paul. I've watched all the videos a couple times and I've never seen this interaction? I haven't seen them shake hands, but it I haven't seen this "moment" that keeps getting referred to. Am I missing a video?

We shouldn't assume he didn't shake hands just because we haven't seen it on film. (Yet)

We shouldn't assume he didn't shake hands just because we haven't seen it on film. (Yet)

That's what I'm saying. The comments started in reference to a video of them putting out on hole 1. Someone on here said "Will wouldn't even shake Paul's hand" in regard to the video. I didn't see anything like that. They didn't shake hands in said video, but neither one of them blew the other off when an attempt was made.

This could have very well happened behind closed doors after the fact. I am pretty sure MLB players don't shake the other team's hand right after the final out of the World Series. Too much is being made of this. I know I probably would have done with same thing when I was 21 or whatever age he is.

wow 50+ pages in 2 and a half days. that was a momentous undertaking but i am now 100% caught up. i have to go rest my eyes now.

Did anyone else see Phil Arthur jump all over Barsby when he questioned Wysocki on 18 final day? Wysocki's putt went OB, he picked up his marker. Team prodigy yelled for him to re-putt. He sets his marker back down, and Barsby questioned if that was legal or not. Phil yelled at him, declaring it was legal, look it up in the rule book. Barsby apologized and let up.

802.3 F (http://m.4discgolf.com/802.php)
"A marker disc that is moved prior to the ensuing throw shall be replaced to its original position to mark the approximate lie."

It technically doesn't say that the group has to agree to the spot. It probably should, but it doesn't.

However, if Phil did indeed "yell" at Barsby, Barsby would have every right to call a courtesy violation on Will in accordance with CompManual Section 3.5C and 801.04C (http://m.4discgolf.com/801.php)

Thanks for the rules reference. I wasn't doubting that it was a violation.

Phil's tone and volume was enough to startle me from 60 feet away. It was a heated moment, so I understand him wanting to take charge since he knew he was correct.

But Barsby wasn't putting, he was just milling about waiting to finish.

Last edited:
Thanks for the rules reference. I wasn't doubting that it was a violation.

Phil's tone and volume was enough to startle me from 60 feet away. It was a heated moment, so I understand him wanting to take charge since he knew he was correct.

But Barsby wasn't putting, he was just milling about waiting to finish.

A player doesn't have to be in the act of throwing for a courtesy violation to be called. If someone aggressively yells at u while you're walking between holes you have the right call a courtesy violation on them. Really, caddies shouldn't get involved in an aggressive manner at all. Phil is a very well respected DGer and promoter and I'm not saying anything negatively toward him, but in this case, the best course of action would have been for the rest of the players to listen to Greg's concern, and then either show him in a rule book where he is incorrect, or have Ricky take a provisional, and then take the issue to the TD.

Of course hindsight is 20/20.

Latest posts