• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 25th Annual Memorial Championship

It's kind of a shame that the actual disc golf is being overshadowed by the conduct of certain players.
The ending of this tournament left a bad taste in many mouths IMO.

802.3 F (http://m.4discgolf.com/802.php)
"A marker disc that is moved prior to the ensuing throw shall be replaced to its original position to mark the approximate lie."

It technically doesn't say that the group has to agree to the spot. It probably should, but it doesn't.

However, if Phil did indeed "yell" at Barsby, Barsby would have every right to call a courtesy violation on Will in accordance with CompManual Section 3.5C and 801.04C (http://m.4discgolf.com/801.php)

Exactly. And if I was Barsby I would have.

I've read multiple times that Will refused to shake hands with Paul. I've watched all the videos a couple times and I've never seen this interaction? I haven't seen them shake hands, but it I haven't seen this "moment" that keeps getting referred to. Am I missing a video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFSA7vjh9cA&list=PLe3_4jzDH6TDL9vWACjwHWZWfwlbqVDpe&index=4

@ 0:20 Uli shakes McBeth's hand
@1:32 Will shakes Theo Pozzy's (?) hand and someone elses (see McBeth in background)
Paul even waited for him and after the snuff wakes away.

I'm a fan of both guys... so I really don't see this a handshake snub at all. Paul didn't approach Will either. Usually the loser makes an offer to congratulate the winner in most individual sports I follow... Tennis, Ball Golf, etc. Maybe Will could've approached Paul to say crazy good round dude and maybe Paul could've approached Will to say nice win... after all, Will did throw fewer times than Paul for the 4 rounds and only went to playoff because of a bonehead move.

Exactly. And if I was Barsby I would have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFSA7vjh9cA&list=PLe3_4jzDH6TDL9vWACjwHWZWfwlbqVDpe&index=4

@1:32 Will shakes Theo Pozzy's (?) hand and someone elses (see McBeth in background)

He comes off as an arrogant assh*le with the "best team ever" statement. He's obviously talented, but that type of attitude is douchey and makes me never want to meet him.

With all the feldbeard talk earlier I thought there'd be more talk here about whatever that is on will's face these days. Maybe he can afford a razor now with the big win?

He comes off as an arrogant assh*le with the "best team ever" statement. He's obviously talented, but that type of attitude is douchey and makes me never want to meet him.

Best part of that youtube vid is after he drops the final putt he turns around and points his thumbs down to point at Prodigy on the back of his shirt. Will didn't you throw a firebird there and finish it out with a wizard?

Okay. I guess I don't see it that way but I see what you're saying. From my perspective, Will is just going around shaking hands with everyone, meanwhile Paul is in a conversation with someone on the side. I don't see it as a snub, but see how it could be seen that way with the right viewpoint?

I think if there hadn't been all the drama preceding the moment, it wouldn't seem as if Will snubbed him.

Either way, I'm sure they can work it out, they're gonna be around each other a lot in the upcoming weeks, months, years.

Best part of that youtube vid is after he drops the final putt he turns around and points his thumbs down to point at Prodigy on the back of his shirt. Will didn't you throw a firebird there and finish it out with a wizard?

for the love of god, prodigy only has 2 ****ing discs! do you expect them to be putting with d1's and d4's?

for the love of god, prodigy only has 2 ****ing discs! do you expect them to be putting with d1's and d4's?

That's not what I was getting at.. and I don't think he was either. These guys are like.."Team Prodigy is the best.." "Prodigy is the best.." etc.. and like you said, they only have 2 discs out right now. It's an arrogant statement to make when the company has only been around for a few months now. It wasn't a "Team Prodigy" win, it was a Will Schusterick win.

That's not what I was getting at.. and I don't think he was either. These guys are like.."Team Prodigy is the best.." "Prodigy is the best.." etc.. and like you said, they only have 2 discs out right now. It's an arrogant statement to make when the company has only been around for a few months now. It wasn't a "Team Prodigy" win, it was a Will Schusterick win.

are you really arguing that as a team, theyre not the best collective of talent in the game? Cuz youd be wrong

are you really arguing that as a team, theyre not the best collective of talent in the game? Cuz youd be wrong

No that is not what I'm arguing. I'm saying the fact that they're going around saying "Prodigy is the best.." when they're only throwing 2 of their discs and the rest of their bag is just what ever the hell they wanna put in there.. is stupid and arrogant to say.

Paul even waited for him and after the snuff wakes away.[/QUOTE]

@ 1:30 Will looks directly at Paul and then walks past him. Not very professional. Prodigy needs to have a class on how to do interviews. Page Pierce Made herself look dumb earlier yelling after her interview was over. I hope the Prodigy company is not encouraging this behavior. Off-putting. They both may be young, but did they act this way when they won their other titles?

No that is not what I'm arguing. I'm saying the fact that they're going around saying "Prodigy is the best.." when they're only throwing 2 of their discs and the rest of their bag is just what ever the hell they wanna put in there.. is stupid and arrogant to say.

well which one are they saying and which one are you upset about? Either one is silly IMO. They cant be proud of their brand and themselves and their friends?

Paige did issue an apology for her behavior on Facebook:

This weekend with the crazy finish I just want to apologize to anyone I may have offended by getting so upset about the scoring situation. I heard what happened through the grapevine, and not from the source so clearly I didn't know the full story and acted too soon. It was a crazy turn of events and I let my emotions get the best of me. However I will never apologize for celebrating an amazing vi...ctory with my family. McBeast shot an absolutely incredible round and for Will to still come out with the win was almost unbelievable... This is where our emotion came from and to anyone feels like it was fake or over the top I hate that you feel that way but I can assure you it was very genuine.

Thanks again for all the overwhelming support, it does not go un-noticed.

well which one are they saying and which one are you upset about? Either one is silly IMO. They cant be proud of their brand and themselves and their friends?

Exactly. I don't think they have to use all of the discs to be proud of what Prodigy stands for right now.

So saying "Prodigy is the best ever.." when they've only been around for a few months..is proud? Lol If you say so. Sounds more douchey and arrogant than proud.