• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the ace gods are happy with the sacrifice

one of my home course (firestein dgc findlay, oh) has been recently had a mass tree removal. this area is heavily effected by emerald ash borers and this park was 90% ash trees. it's looking very bare as most of the holes played threw a lot of mature ash trees. the one good thing, there are now a lot more ace opportunities. i played 2 rounds of 9 there earlier and had at least 5 runs within a few feet of the basket. it's sad to see this park basically ruined by emerald ash borers but i am personally going to be getting a lot more aces while the re-planting takes place.

shenanigans!!!!

there are no current pictures of the course at the moment but i plan on getting the pics and get the course updated if you look at the first 6 pics (holes 1 and 2) for the course, most of the trees gone...still a few left but most are now only stumps

one of my home course (firestein dgc findlay, oh) has been recently had a mass tree removal. this area is heavily effected by emerald ash borers and this park was 90% ash trees. it's looking very bare as most of the holes played threw a lot of mature ash trees. the one good thing, there are now a lot more ace opportunities. i played 2 rounds of 9 there earlier and had at least 5 runs within a few feet of the basket. it's sad to see this park basically ruined by emerald ash borers but i am personally going to be getting a lot more aces while the re-planting takes place.

i always wondered why a course near me (Rockspring park in Alton, IL) had a trap up for them and some info about the bugs; i guess they're a more prevalent problem than i had imagined.

they get really bad if you don't quickly find and remove the trees they are in, they spred like crazy and kill trees. if the city wouldn't have cut these trees down, they would be falling down on there own in 5 years and would have spred to every other ash tree in the city and surrounding areas. emerald ash borers are no joke!!!! they destroy disc golf courses!!!!!

Latest posts