• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Okay, I completely misread your initial post. My bad on the comprehension level.

I wouldn't say it doesn't reward skill, merely that in an event filled with out-of-towners it tends to reward familiarity more than skill. All players having a week or prep-time and you're looking at a course that definitely rewards skilled shots.

Yep, sounds like we agree on that. My post was just in response to the guy who wanted to know which courses to spend practice time on. As much as I like Kereiakes, it's not going to reward you as much for extra practice time as the CC and Hobson. :)

...and to get some practice for Ephram White (lower divisions course), make sure you've gotten in as many windy ice bowls as you could this winter, just in case. ;)

Thank you all for those who chimed in on my questions. I appreciate your input; I now have a pretty good idea what I want to do once I arrive that Wednesday around noon.

I lucked out in group h last year. Played Ephram Saturday morning with little to no wind.
Still threw 5 shots OB.

I will only have friday morning to prepare and am playing rec. Which course would you say is the most challenging to play regardless of conditions?

I will only have friday morning to prepare and am playing rec. Which course would you say is the most challenging to play regardless of conditions?

What are the courses that rec plays this year, and what are your personal strengths and weaknesses?

What are the courses that rec plays this year, and what are your personal strengths and weaknesses?

Lovers, Preston, Basil, White. I have a good sidearm and am better at shorter technical courses I can throw mids and putter pretty accurate at 250 and under and I use eagles to get from 250-300. I struggle with distance drives over the 310ft mark. Im not really sure how ill play with wind and I am prone to go ob when nervous.

Lovers and White are pretty much exactly what you see, as long as you make sure you're clear on the OB everywhere on White. I'd try to get a round in at Preston and Basil, those have more technical shots and more blind holes where you'll want to have an idea of the line you want to hit. They're also the ones where you'll have the chance to make up the most strokes if you're hitting accurate 250' shots and making your putts.

Lovers and White are pretty much exactly what you see, as long as you make sure you're clear on the OB everywhere on White. I'd try to get a round in at Preston and Basil, those have more technical shots and more blind holes where you'll want to have an idea of the line you want to hit. They're also the ones where you'll have the chance to make up the most strokes if you're hitting accurate 250' shots and making your putts.

Thanks for the info Ill focus on those!

I agree. Preston and Griffin have more technical shots aka trees. i'll be hitting those 2 first.i gave away a lot of shots on those 2 last year.

I'm playing REcreational this year. i need a little payback on those courses, plus i'm rated 844 at the moment.

Cool I still need to renew but I think I'm around that rating. Maybe Ill cya down there. If ya see a guy with the last name bacon there's probably a good chance it is me.

LS DISC Griffin Park Doubles

Thursday, 10am till 4pm, and Friday, prior to Noon
LS Disc Bowling Green Griffin Park Doubles

All teams $20, play as many times as you want

MINIMUM PAYOUT OF $200 MERCH TO 1ST PLACE

Pandamonium Discs online store is LIVE!

Check us out, and see what all the Buzzz is about.

9606070_orig.jpg

Latest posts